7-4-2020 Saturday 4th of July Live Chat Thread

Good morning Critter. I’m on my 2 nd cup. I have to get to the stable early to get the horse out before the get tog today. It is a hot one so I figured I get get outside before the mid day heat. She can get a hose down and relax while i have late lunch. Have a nice holiday. I’m off to get-er done.
Y'all raise your hand if you want Lynne's lifestyle.

Yes thanks. How’s Maggie ?
Sorry for the delay in responding Lynne. We just got back from a long walk around the lake.

She’s doing pretty good. She sleeps on our bed well. She needed to potty this morning before we planned to get up so she jumped off the bed and whined just once.

We did learn last night that though thunder and lightning doesn’t disturb her, the fireworks sure do. I took her to bed early and just laid with her. She calmed to me, she stopped shaking in about five minutes and then fell asleep in about ten minutes.

Reactions: 7Critter
Sorry for the delay in responding Lynne. We just got back from a long walk around the lake.

She’s doing pretty good. She sleeps on our bed well. She needed to potty this morning before we planned to get up so she jumped off the bed and whined just once.

We did learn last night that though thunder and lightning doesn’t disturb her, the fireworks sure do. I took her to bed early and just laid with her. She calmed to me, she stopped shaking in about five minutes and then fell asleep in about ten minutes.
Do they make doggey sound suppressing headphones ? It might be hard to keep 'em on.

Reactions: Paintman
WandS, uppercase cat and lowercase cat like to stare out the window at Chelsea across the street.
20200704_085456.jpg
I'm so happy for you.

Reactions: garnetsilver

Years ago, our Sheltie was terrified of thunderstorms. During a vet visit I explained her anxiety, and he actually prescribed tiny, low dose valium pills for her. We'd bury one of them in a spoonful of peanut butter, and within minutes of eating it she'd be peaceful as a saint. I think she sorta got hooked, however, as I'd catch her watching the Weather Channel and using her very long nose to point at any thunderstorms within a 200 mile radius.

Last edited:
Years ago, our Sheltie was terrified of thunderstorms. During a vet visit I explained her anxiety, and he actually prescribed tiny, low dose valium pills for her. We'd bury one of them in a spoonful of peanut butter, and within minutes of eating it she'd be peaceful as a saint. I think she sorta got hooked, however, as I'd catch her watching the Weather Channel and using her very long nose to point at any thunderstorms within a 200 mile radius.
Melatonin. Works on doggos. 1.5 mgs for pups under 25 pounds. 3 mgs for those 25 and over. As with all things, check with vet if they are on any medications that might interact. They come in "treat" form from most pet stores.

Thought I'd check in and see if there was any smiting going on this morning! lol Looks peaceful so far! :p

Reactions: 7Critter