7-31-2018 :( Tuesday Live CHAT Thread

Unlikely coincidences
I'm not sure where to post this so I'll post in today's chat. What are the odds of such a situation happening but a true story. Many years ago I did my first session in a recording studio guesting on an album of Irish traditional music playing mandolin with a friend accompanying on guitar,a slip jig called The Kid on The Mountain. No CD's in those days just cassette tapes. Months go by and I decide to hitch hike from Scotland to Ireland which I'd done many times to visit family.

After spending a couple of weeks there I thought I'd explore a bit more of the country and head up to the northern part of County Donegal which I'd never seen, hitch hiking I made it to the main town in the county called Letterkenny which has the only roundabout in that part of the country. As I'm following the path to get past the roundabout and head out of town (sticking my thumb out as you never know), a car passed me with people I knew from my home town waving and with signs pointed out the car was full, no problem, hitch hiking is a way of life in Ireland and I knew I'd soon get a lift.

A few days later I got myself a job in a hotel the only one for miles and inevitably the family who passed me on the road came in for food and beers as they were staying nearby. Then they told me a story, as they were driving past me they had the album I'd recorded on playing in the car, as one of the tunes I played came on one of the passengers asked 'who's playing that it's very good'? They all pointed out of the car and said 'that guy there' as they passed me on the roundabout...

Hello, everyone! I'm going to add a few threads here for your perusal. Tony, GREAT story! Eli, welcome to our chat thread!

Reactions: TonyM
Evening friends. All work problems solved today and back to normal but on call over the weekend to oversee some changes.

Hope you're all well