7-26-2018 Thursday Live Chat Thread

I have the washing machine repairman here for the second time on my 6 week old washer. I'm gonna demand a replacement if this keeps up.

Happens once here and we have the rights for a replacement or refund within a 'reasonable' period, I think about three months in practice. Nothing is made to last anymore, my mother had a washing machine that was twenty five years old before it was replaced and never needed a repair in that time

Reactions: Benway and Debi
I even bought the one that is advertised as having the loneliest repairmen in the world because they are so dependable. Yeah...NO!

Reactions: Benway and TonyM
I have a TV but rarely switch it on and if I do it's used as a rather large monitor. On the advice of a colleague I bought an Amazon fire TV stick and just got it installed. I still have no interest in the usual TV stuff but I'll now be able to watch live football (soccer), games of the team I support - Celtic FC as the season is now starting. I have to say this is very impressive, all done through my internet connection.

I don't buy much but always look at user reviews although I know these can be distorted, just cautious

Reactions: Charleh and Debi
I have a TV but rarely switch it on and if I do it's used as a rather large monitor. On the advice of a colleague I bought an Amazon fire TV stick and just got it installed. I still have no interest in the usual TV stuff but I'll now be able to watch live football (soccer), games of the team I support - Celtic FC as the season is now starting. I have to say this is very impressive, all done through my internet connection.

I don't buy much but always look at user reviews although I know these can be distorted, just cautious
Good! It's always nice to have what you really want to watch available.

Well, it appears we have found the problem....twofold. One is a part to replace, the other is I've had a mouse build a nest over a sensor! Time for the Decon to come out again

Reactions: TonyM
OK, gotta run for a bit here! See you guys in a bit!

Good! It's always nice to have what you really want to watch available.

Well, it appears we have found the problem....twofold. One is a part to replace, the other is I've had a mouse build a nest over a sensor! Time for the Decon to come out again

I'm not laughing but wee animals can cause all sorts of tech problems. A friend asked me to come over and figure out why his internet connection wouldn't work, he called the comms company who couldn't figure out why. His wife's pet rabbit like to chew on cables...

Reactions: Charleh
In The70',s things were meant to break down