7-24-2020 Friday Live Chat Thread

How are things with the virus on your side of the pond?
Most of the UK is OK apart from a few stupid places which still have problems due to lockdown parties, ignoring distancing, refusing to wear masks.... Guess where I am? Though our bad is not as bad as other bads elsewhere, so that's something.

Reactions: Debi
Most of the UK is OK apart from a few stupid places which still have problems due to lockdown parties, ignoring distancing, refusing to wear masks.... Guess where I am? Though our bad is not as bad as other bads elsewhere, so that's something.
I love the way you explain things....lol We have much of the same "bad" here in the States...which I'm pretty sure may be badder than your bad over there. We have not gotten much control yet.

• Sad
Reactions: Benway
I love the way you explain things....lol We have much of the same "bad" here in the States...which I'm pretty sure may be badder than your bad over there. We have not gotten much control yet.
I've been reading about it and a little worried for you all to be honest. I'm not sure what to say really. I'm just wishing hard that things will improve.

• Love it
I've been reading about it and a little worried for you all to be honest. I'm not sure what to say really. I'm just wishing hard that things will improve.
I appreciate your concern, babe. We are all concerned over here. We're hoping that a new "attitude" takes hold. Masks are now being worn more and being mandated by stores and states in this last week. Hoping that will help. I stay home. My son only goes out to get us groceries and meds. I haven't left the house since January something. I am the EXPERT in isolating! lol

Reactions: Benway
I appreciate your concern, babe. We are all concerned over here. We're hoping that a new "attitude" takes hold. Masks are now being worn more and being mandated by stores and states in this last week. Hoping that will help. I stay home. My son only goes out to get us groceries and meds. I haven't left the house since January something. I am the EXPERT is isolating! lol
We only got mandatory mask wearing in stores today! You beat us! And it was greeted by the police saying they didn't want to enforce it! We actually have totally opposite police to you who just sort of hide. They are much like bigfoot. I saw a video of one in a car in a lockdown mass gathering not doing anything, but I couldn't say for sure it was really a cop from the footage. It may have been a bear of squirrel for all anyone can tell.
And my mum is almost the same as you on her mountain in Spain, though she has ventured out a little in the last few weeks. Verrry carefully...

Well, in case you missed it, we are having riots over the police, and fights over masks here. It's the most chaos I've ever seen in my life, and I'm old! I've seen a lot, but nothing compares to this.

Well, my friend, I'm gonna head out for the evening. I hope you get some rest, and I hope to see you tomorrow!

Well, in case you missed it, we are having riots over the police, and fights over masks here. It's the most chaos I've ever seen in my life, and I'm old! I've seen a lot, but nothing compares to this.
I have seen it. Really really bad. I read a report today about a photojournalist who had to have her eyelid pulled out of her sinus from a non-lethal bullet to the face. I'll take no police over that. Obviously her eye was just gone. Just one thread in a tapestry of awful. I'm just stunned.
Well, my friend, I'm gonna head out for the evening. I hope you get some rest, and I hope to see you tomorrow!
Yes, goodnight. I wish you good things and general wonderfulness!

Thanks, Garnet. It appears the epipen is no place to be found. Would probably have been out of date anyway, but I was planning ahead for an ER trip at first. By the time we found my shoes it was starting to come down some.

Mosquitoes don't like me. I rarely get bit by them. But I'm like a blinkin' beacon for spiders, bees and wasps. Anyone else notice how many more bugs are out and about right now? We went indoors and they're taking over out there.
That's kinda scary!