7-11-2018 Wednesday Live Chat Portal

that could be a good plot line..... I will see it but will go in not expecting too much....lol....may be surprised, hopefully

Reactions: Debi
yes.... that movies captured the "feeling" that only someone in the military would understand. the music had a melancholy feel to it along with the scenes of the briefings and then the feel of patriotism.... I dunno, hard to explain a feeling.....lol

In the summer of 1980, I saw the movie "Final Coutdown" with a theater full of USS Nimitz crewmembers in Norfolk, VA. This was a month or two after Nimitz returned to port after the failed Iranian hostage rescue attempt. While the movie wasn't that good, there were some great flying sequences in the film. In one particular scene, USN F-14s shot down two Japanese Zero fighters attacking an unarmed yacht. When the order was given for the F-14s to intervene, the sailors erupted in a cheer that sent chills down my spine.

In the summer of 1980, I saw the movie "Final Coutdown" with a theater full of USS Nimitz crewmembers in Norfolk, VA. This was a month or two after Nimitz returned to port after the failed Iranian hostage rescue attempt. While the movie wasn't that good, there were some great flying sequences in the film. In one particular scene, USN F-14s shot down two Japanese Zero fighters attacking an unarmed yacht. When the order was given for the F-14s to intervene, the sailors erupted in a cheer that sent chills down my spine.
I remember that scene. That was a good movie.

Anything special going on at the Seven Eleven stores today (7-11-2018) ?

Free slurpee ( no purchase required ) . Now when they offer free coffee, I'll be stopping in.

Reactions: Charleh

For those who missed it...

hey the first part of that scene should have been the opening scene to "gilligans island"....haha...I now think I know how they got stranded....j/k...

I remember that movie, was cool at the time.