6-7-2021 Monday Live Chat

Now, being a capsaisin addict, theres this little voice down in my brain stem telling me to eat another one.

It is possible to become acclimated to 3 million Scovilles; the farmer who developed the Reaper eats them like candy.

Now, being a capsaisin addict, theres this little voice down in my brain stem telling me to eat another one.

It is possible to become acclimated to 3 million Scovilles; the farmer who developed the Reaper eats them like candy.
You do realize that people can die from eating these things? They can actually burn throat and stomach lining.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
But what a way to go!

Seriously, good point Debi,it's not for everyone, be careful if sensitive to capsaisin.

I once ran out of rubber gloves but had to slice a batch of Habaneros for pickling.
I could not put my hands anywhere near my face for a week, despite scrubbing with a vast mutitude of soaps and detergents. My eyes would burn. A week from just a Habanero!

But what a way to go!

Seriously, good point Debi,it's not for everyone, be careful if sensitive to capsaisin.

I once ran out of rubber gloves but had to slice a batch of Habaneros for pickling.
I could not put my hands anywhere near my face for a week, despite scrubbing with a vast mutitude of soaps and detergents. My eyes would burn. A week from just a Habanero!
I believe you! I don't know of anything that can completely wipe out the effects. Even when using gloves!

Clean as a whistle!

I forgot to water the garden, so get to do that by flashlight. Still plenty of light at the moment but Im relaxed, thanks. Lol.

Clear sky last night, so it was a cool 70 before sunrise this morning. Cloudy tonight so I predict tomorrow will start closer to 78.

One nice thing about hot weather and drought here in the Great Basin, there just aren't a lot of mosquitos about.

We're supposed to get hotter as the week goes on. I'm not looking forward to this at all.