6-5-2021 Saturday Live Chat

Checking in.

My wife and I went to Walmart after lunch, so she could get some big storage totes. Her daughter is flying in from Tampa on 23rd, to stay for a 2 week visit. We haven't seen her in nearly 2 years and the spare bedroom has filled up with craft stuff and empty boxes in the meantime, so it's time to clean it up for use.
I started a new pain med this weekend and it wiped me out today. It's not an opiod- I wont take those- but the doc told me it would make me drowsy until I get acclimated to it. I fell asleep on the couch for two hours after supper and still feel weak and out of it. The good news is, it does put a big dent in the pain.
Besides the trip to Walmart, Ive been worthless today. If I can raise my energy level a bit, I want to finish the evidence review from last night.
If not, you may be stuck with me hanging out here and kibbitzing, lol.
You may kabbitz all ya want! lol Sorry the new med knocked ya down. It often happens when starting a new one and the body goes, "WAIT! What is THIS?"

I was worthless for most a year but am making a comeback now. May 31 was our 46 wedding anniversary. A year ago on our anniversary I nearly bled to death. This year has started ever so much better!!!! Keep on keeping on. Life is getting good again for me. I'm not in pain and that by itself is a wonder.

I was worthless for most a year but am making a comeback now. May 31 was our 46 wedding anniversary. A year ago on our anniversary I nearly bled to death. This year has started ever so much better!!!! Keep on keeping on. Life is getting good again for me. I'm not in pain and that by itself is a wonder.
I remember we almost lost you! I'm so glad life is treating you better this year. :)

Reactions: garnetsilver
Coming up on 11 PM Eastern here so I'm going to wish all of you a pleasant and restful good night!

1622947673601.png

We can never take the good times for granted! Glad its all headed in the right direction, Tex.

I picked a bag of peas after the sun dropped below the tree line and put the row in shade. Shucking them now with Addy Mae, watching GA reruns. Going to make my famous creamy pea and baby red potato soup tomorrow. Variations on it go way back here, its a traditional farmers & ranchers dish. Diced ham is also added on occaision.
Addy loves peas, I toss her one periodically.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Looks like Im the last man standing. Goodnight everyone.