6-4-2023 Sunday Live Chat

CB Radio was awesome at it's peak in the late 70's. It went downhill in the 80's.
I had a 5/8 wave omnidirectional antenna on my parent's house, until I moved out at age 19. I still have that antenna, a Radio Shack product, disassembled and stored in my garage.
I should probably send it to the recycler, but nostalgia stops me. Just a pile of aluminum tubing, intrinsically.
But an incredible window to a greater universe, to an 18 year old.

I used to speak to folks 1000 miles away, when the "skip" conditions in the ionosphere were just right, early in the mornings.

Last edited:
CB Radio was awesome at it's peak in the late 70's. It went downhill in the 80's.
I had a 5/8 wave omnidirectional antenna on my parent's house, until I moved out at age 19. I still have that antenna, a Radio Shack product, disassembled and stored in my garage.
I should probably send it to the recycler, but nostalgia stops me. Just a pile of aluminum tubing, intrinsically.
But an incredible window to a greater universe, to an 18 year old.

I used to speak to folks 1000 miles away, when the "skip" conditions in the ionosphere were just right, early in the mornings.
I feel this way about my old radios. There isn't much content out there anymore, everything is streamed. I guess it's a lot better now with the amount of choices but I do miss the old radio times.

Good morning forum. It's a sunny but cool morning here in MI today. A welcome break from the hi 80's day yesterday. I am having a quiet morning with my cup of tea.

FB-IMG-1685489121166.jpg
Still an AM transistor radio guy !