6-24-2022 Friday ! Live Chat

Good morning all. Friday at long last! I slept really well last night and am ready for the weekend to start in about 8 hours. Investigation tonight at the Benson Grist Mill, the same place Ghost Adventures went last year. It's my second time investigating there, but the first time I didn't get to the barn so want to be sure to check that out tonight. The place is huge, many historical buildings and cabins besides the big mill building itself.
My cataract surgery has finally been scheduled! I'm getting the left eye done mid-July, the right eye three weeks later in early August. It's been a year of increasingly poor vision and I am more than ready to see clearly again.
I also found my seventh-grade teacher on FB, amazed he is still alive, so it will be fun getting caught up with him. He actually remembered me, lol. Hopefully that's a good thing!

*How many hours of TV time do you have in a day? How about "screen" time overall?

View attachment 40956

I'm good for at least an hour a day in front of the TV, on average, typically after supper, though can go days at a time with zero TV if otherwise busy. Tonight, for instance, I'll be getting gear ready for the investigation and won't have the TV on at all before we depart. So it's hit-and-miss. Not much of a movie watcher anymore, just too long to sit in front of screen, with my back issues. It also has to be really good to keep my attention for the duration. I'm on the computer at least an hour a day at work. At home it's just my phone or tablet, maybe an hour every other day. The PC is in the home office and I don't spend much time in there, the last year or so.

The salt mines beckon, my friends. Have a terrific Friday and even better weekend.

I have loaded up on carbs, ate a breakfast of toast, oatmeal, and coffee. Now I am about to load my bicycle onto the car. Mrs Critter will drop me off at a trail head. If all goes well, I will travel 28 + miles and arrive back home. I have done this trip in parts before, so I know the trail. Today I shall do it all.

There is a barbeque place midway where I will stop, rest, fill up my traveling liquid tumbler, and perhaps get a snack. I can't imagine being too hungry after my big breakfast.

I have loaded up on carbs, ate a breakfast of toast, oatmeal, and coffee. Now I am about to load my bicycle onto the car. Mrs Critter will drop me off at a trail head. If all goes well, I will travel 28 + miles and arrive back home. I have done this trip in parts before, so I know the trail. Today I shall do it all.

There is a barbeque place midway where I will stop, rest, fill up my traveling liquid tumbler, and perhaps get a snack. I can't imagine being too hungry after my big breakfast.
Wow Critter, take it easy and rest when needed. That is quite an accomplishment.