6-22-2020 Monday Live Chat Thread

well, ya know this was also the time of horse drawn carriage or train travel...….. wonder if I could build a carriage.
You probably could. You might need a bit of help with some blacksmith work, but....

Reactions: Paulm
And it's not even past lunchtime and I got a cool story. The utility guys came out 2 install a new gas meter. One guy was absolutely jacked up beyond belief with muscles.
I have a new friend.:) we talked about the finer points of concentration curls and the makeup of his gym.
I could see this little hesitation in his face when I was talking about a few other shows that I won.
So then they get to the point where you have to prove that the Gas Works in the house.
The muscle man comes in and I just said" There are two Mr. USA trophies sitting on my mantle.":cool:
And I watched a grown man do a double-take and step back.:D

Now this guy wants free hot training tips.

And it's not even past lunchtime and I got a cool story. The utility guys came out 2 install a new gas meter. One guy was absolutely jacked up beyond belief with muscles.
I have a new friend.:) we talked about the finer points of concentration curls and the makeup of his gym.
I could see this little hesitation in his face when I was talking about a few other shows that I won.
So then they get to the point where you have to prove that the Gas Works in the house.
The muscle man comes in and I just said" There are two Mr. USA trophies sitting on my mantle.":cool:
And I watched a grown man do a double-take and step back.:D

Now this guy wants free hot training tips.

And THIS is how we have a good day and become a trainer! :D

Reactions: Paintman
The greatest days as a trainer are not what you think. It's a lot of fun to stick somebody in the Winner's Circle Time After Time.
But the real fun stuff that lights my burners is taking a fat kid with some Talent but he needs to shed 50# to be taking seriously. There was a welder that came into the gym and wanted to get certified for underwater stuff, it turns out that this young man was like Mick Jagger with a welding torch. That is truly an art and I think you were born with that touch.
So we got him in top physical condition and he was the Ace of his glass. Underwater Welder.

But otherwise I am so much vain that I really get a kick when somebody wins the trophy again.

Reactions: Debi
The greatest days as a trainer are not what you think. It's a lot of fun to stick somebody in the Winner's Circle Time After Time.
But the real fun stuff that lights my burners is taking a fat kid with some Talent but he needs to shed 50# to be taking seriously. There was a welder that came into the gym and wanted to get certified for underwater stuff, it turns out that this young man was like Mick Jagger with a welding torch. That is truly an art and I think you were born with that touch.
So we got him in top physical condition and he was the Ace of his glass. Underwater Welder.

But otherwise I am so much vainn that I really get a kick when somebody wins the trophy again.
My Florida grandson trained as an underwater welder. Doesn't do it anymore, but that's a rough job that pays a lot! And yes, I can see why this would make you feel great! Helping someone reach a goal and having a hand in that has to feel good!

Reactions: Paintman
thanks.... just wanted to build a wooden chest.... wife already has plans for it to house quilts.........so much for my idea of " a vampire hunters chest" with a wooden cross, holy water and six stakes in the hidden compartment....lol..... I sometimes get into my comic projects too much I think....lol

I don't see why you can't still do both. Opening the chest reveals nothing but quilts and raises no suspicion. The fact that you have the hunting tools hidden in such plain sight makes it all the more mysterious and awesome.

Reactions: Paulm
And then helping out a man that needed to lose 50 lb before he could have an operation So here is a little behind-the-scenes thing that goes on in the Trainers Room. Every discussion was about throwing out cases and doing the right thing 4 those people. We are not going to see everything and it always helps to have a second set of eyes.
Then one day a new trainer came into the office. Young and all full of piss and vinegar. Real uppity and reminded of all of the stuff he just won.Well that didn't go down with my running buddies.:)
So we were going over cases in the morning and the Young Gun decided to hijack the whole thing.
So the big boss says somethingt " Everybody in this room has won their Nations championship"
I cut him off mid-sentence, 'Except Rich, he is much more effective than all of us."
Richie never had the fireworks that we once the true trainer of Champions the true trainer of Champions enjoyed. He won some mid-level stuff and was done. But Richie stuck with it and over the years has struck himself as the true Trainer of Champions.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
Well, Debi we just unloaded that awful washer I told you about in the worst purchase thread. Somebody responded to our ad on Craig's list and took it off our hands.

Reactions: Debi and Paintman