6-15-2021 Tuesday Live Chat

...And good morning to you, Critter, and everyone else!

I'm doing better today than yesterday. I can at least stay awake, lol. I'm pretty sure I've been on the edge of dehydration for a couple of days. I sweat profusely anyway, and when it's hot I am just soaked all day long. Add to that the diuretic I take for blood pressure, plus my gout medicine, and liquids just flow out of me all day long. At times I can't take it in fast enough to replenish it. So trying to keep a closer watch on it today.

I've noticed that I can't push myself as hard as I did even three or four years ago. It's a "Golden Years" reality check but feels more like a punch in the gut at times. You stand there, facing something you've done a million times and knowing that you can't do it anymore, and just feel worthless. Sigh.

I turned on the house AC when I left for work this morning. The sun wasn't even up yet and it was 81 degrees. Mrs. GWU should wake up to a cool house in another hour or two.

We turn off the house AC at night and just use a small window-mounted unit in the bedroom. Just that little trick cut my summer power bill by nearly 25% when I started doing it a dozen years ago.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Hi Gang !
Utah - sounds familiar. I'm a sweater too. As I get older I'm finding the old hot weather tricks ( hydration and minerals and carbs) don't work as well.
200934677_10225271601072396_3617189351939452586_n.jpg

Mornin! Just stopping by before catching some sleep. Apparently that’s not what night’s for

Reactions: Paulm and Paintman

This made me smile. You even got the clip from the original, not the Fox remake. Apropos the question the other day on old musicals, I am reminded that I memorized the entire libretto from Rocky Horror, as well.

Trivia question:

Which two Rocky Horror musical numbers from the stage show and movie didn't make it onto the vinyl soundtrack LP?