5-23-2023 Tuesday Live Chat

Good Tuesday morning, all. Background photo is the Winchester House of San Jose, California. Who has been there, seen it, read about it, saw it in a vision ?

Anyone seen the movie ? See the PNF thread: Haunted Winchester House Movie
I have been to the Winchester. My Dad took the family there when I was around 9 or 10 and we took the tour. He told us it was like a carnival fun house where nothing made sense. There was a flight of stairs that went up to the ceiling and led nowhere. Another flight of steps that would normally just be one or two steps down into a large room, kind of like front porch steps from a foyer. However in this house you had to go down 9 steps first then back up 7 steps to get to that 2 steps lower room.

There were also windows in one of the hallways that ran up a flight of stairs. My sisters and I all took turns looking in these windows because they didn't actually show anything. The walls had windows on only one side instead of all the way through, so looking in them all you saw was the inside of the wall.

One particular window freaked me out a bit because I could have sworn there was a face looking back at me when I went to peek through it. But I explained this away as it was probably just my own reflection in the glass. The tour guide was telling us about how Sarah Winchester was doing all this crazy building because she was afraid of ghosts so of course it's going to startle me if I see something unexpected. After all, I was old enough to know that things like Santa Clause and Ghosts don't really exist. I confidentiality believed that Sarah Winchester was just superstitious and gullible, the "psychic" she was consulting probably had family and friends who were contractors that got paid to do all the work.

Later we were in a bedroom and I kept getting this feeling that I was being watched. It wasn't really bad at first, just that feeling that someone was looking at me. I looked around at the people in the group but all were just looking at stuff in the room. The feeling got much stronger when I focused on the corner of the bed. I didn't see anything but got a very strong mental image of a woman sitting on the edge of the mattress looking at the group of people in her room, especially the young boy that was staring right at her. It was creepy but I again just chalked it up to overactive imagination from listening to the tour guides ghost stories. It wasn't until sometime afterwards that I learned this was Sarah Winchester's bedroom and people have reported seeing her standing near or sitting on the bed.

It wouldn't be until nearly a decade later where I would revisit these memories and wonder how much of that was imagination afterall.

Last edited:
Hiya !
Hi-Ho Hi-Ho, gotta mow, then put paint on stuff.
is-weird-noo-duls-neww-dlz-say-noodles-noodals-nerderls-anyway-love-slimy-bread-yarn-eat-fore...jpeg

Good Tuesday morning, all. Background photo is the Winchester House of San Jose, California. Who has been there, seen it, read about it, saw it in a vision ?

I have had an interest in this house since I first saw pictures of it in a Disney magazine as a kid. The weirdness of how and why this place was built is a study in phycology and the paranormal. It's hard not to be interested in such a strange place.