5-2-2023 Tuesday Live Chat

Today wasn't too bad. Yesterday was an abomination lol. (stole my boss's favorite word lol).
Good word.I also like when someone is describing a tough situation and call it “diabolical” it’s heard more in U.K

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
Hey what’s the Gen Z kid talking about
?
Jad, a few years ago I commented on a Journey song called chain reaction. here's what I posted. Well, this kid replied a few nights ago sayin how awesome 80's music because they actually played their instruments and basically hated Modern music. This kid gets it. I'm going to adopt him as the little brother I never had....Lol

@tworivers71

@tworivers71

4 years ago
For all of you who missed growing up in the 80's, I really feel sorry for you cuz you really missed out!
Thunderlion1986 replied: "@TwoRivers96 I could use a lot of that pity because God did a HEINOUS thing to me and made me born in 2002"

I basically told him he may have had it better because technology was outdated, no cell phones, no internet, etc.

Highlighted reply
@Thunderlion-yd4nv

@Thunderlion-yd4nv

17 hours ago
@tworivers71 Well come on! Look at all elegant and "magical"-sounding music--with real instruments and talent--you got to "grow up with"/be in your teens when it came out/blast at gatherings and in cafeterias/hear played at school dances/belt together with peers your age/etc... ...Versus the mainstream "music"--which is mostly actually just copied and pasted samples mixed with machine noises--that us Gen Z'ers had the extreme misfortune of having to "grow up with". Hell, watching "Stranger Things" made me jealous of the music those in their teens got to blast at gatherings/blast at parties/be in their teens when it came out/hear at school dances/belt together with peers their age/etc. In terms of pop culture it was you Gen X'ers who had it WAAAAAY better than us Gen Z'ers. I would do ANYTHING to be reborn as someone born in 1967-1968--If this means growing up without the tech we have today, so fn be it!!

Attachments area

Preview YouTube video Journey - Chain Reaction (Official Video - 1983)

Journey - Chain Reaction (Official Video - 1983)

Jad, a few years ago I commented on a Journey song called chain reaction. here's what I posted. Well, this kid replied a few nights ago sayin how awesome 80's music because they actually played their instruments and basically hated Modern music. This kid gets it. I'm going to adopt him as the little brother I never had....Lol

@tworivers71

@tworivers71

4 years ago
For all of you who missed growing up in the 80's, I really feel sorry for you cuz you really missed out!
Thunderlion1986 replied: "@TwoRivers96 I could use a lot of that pity because God did a HEINOUS thing to me and made me born in 2002"

I basically told him he may have had it better because technology was outdated, no cell phones, no internet, etc.

Highlighted reply
@Thunderlion-yd4nv

@Thunderlion-yd4nv

17 hours ago
@tworivers71 Well come on! Look at all elegant and "magical"-sounding music--with real instruments and talent--you got to "grow up with"/be in your teens when it came out/blast at gatherings and in cafeterias/hear played at school dances/belt together with peers your age/etc... ...Versus the mainstream "music"--which is mostly actually just copied and pasted samples mixed with machine noises--that us Gen Z'ers had the extreme misfortune of having to "grow up with". Hell, watching "Stranger Things" made me jealous of the music those in their teens got to blast at gatherings/blast at parties/be in their teens when it came out/hear at school dances/belt together with peers their age/etc. In terms of pop culture it was you Gen X'ers who had it WAAAAAY better than us Gen Z'ers. I would do ANYTHING to be reborn as someone born in 1967-1968--If this means growing up without the tech we have today, so fn be it!!

Attachments area

Preview YouTube video Journey - Chain Reaction (Official Video - 1983)

Journey - Chain Reaction (Official Video - 1983)
I have seen Journey about 4 time in concert in the 80's, great shows all.

I have seen Journey about 4 time in concert in the 80's, great shows all.
I have a signed drum head from journey, but with the singer after Steve Perry. I’m going to have to find it and show y’all

Last edited:
Reactions: garnetsilver
Wow! That is so cool
My generation (I was in my 20's in the 80s), went to a lot of concerts. Tickets were affordable and there were a lot of good venues to go to. Everyone went to concerts quite often. Pine Knob was my favorite back then, it's called something else now and the Pontiac silver Dome has been torn down. It was a good time to be young. We were poorer financially than the kids now, but we didn't live in our parents' extra rooms lol.

Reactions: garnetsilver