5-19-2019 Sunday Live Chat Portal

I'm a bit of a weather junkie, apps, websites and had my own weather station web connected at one time with software I customised. Part of learning to fly is meteorology .

Reactions: Debi
I'm a bit of a weather junkie, apps, websites and had my own weather station web connected at one time with software I customised. Part of learning to fly is meteorology .
Ha! Shared interest. I also have no choice in the matter. I've been through several tornadoes and two hurricanes. My youngest was about 6 when we had a tornado come right at our house. I couldn't get the door open to get out, so I grabbed him and threw him under the kitchen table. So loud even yelling he couldn't hear me. It jumped over us and hit the neighbor about 20 feet away, then hit a barn behind us. He has since been my weather alert system as he's terrified of them.

Reactions: 7Critter and TonyM
Ha! Shared interest. I also have no choice in the matter. I've been through several tornadoes and two hurricanes. My youngest was about 6 when we had a tornado come right at our house. I couldn't get the door open to get out, so I grabbed him and threw him under the kitchen table. So loud even yelling he couldn't hear me. It jumped over us and hit the neighbor about 20 feet away, then hit a barn behind us. He has since been my weather alert system as he's terrified of them.

Wow that's scary! I've experienced three hurricanes but thankfully tornadoes are rare here but the one that hit Birmingham in England caused a lot of damage but no injuries.

Wow that's scary! I've experienced three hurricanes but thankfully tornadoes are rare here but the one that hit Birmingham in England caused a lot of damage but no injuries.
There are a lot of tornadoes here in Indiana so I'm hypervigilant about it. We've had trees hit with smaller ones and also straight line winds that hit us. The hurricanes were glancing blows but I still got to go out in 75 mph winds to experience it. Once above that you can't even go safely....not that the 75 mph winds were altogether safe with flying debri! The flooding and tornadoes came after that.

Reactions: TonyM
There are a lot of tornadoes here in Indiana so I'm hypervigilant about it. We've had trees hit with smaller ones and also straight line winds that hit us. The hurricanes were glancing blows but I still got to go out in 75 mph winds to experience it. Once above that you can't even go safely....not that the 75 mph winds were altogether safe with flying debri! The flooding and tornadoes came after that.

I haven't gone out in such winds and just wouldn't. I have seen funnel clouds several times which are a precursor to tornadoes but they didn't touch down. Since records began in the UK over 2,000 tornadoes have been recorded which is surprising.

Wow! Stay safe!
Hey Bob. You are kinda in some of the storm area, too, but I don't know if you fall in the severe storm predictions. I can tell you qualification/bump day at the Indy 500 track is pretty much over. It's currently pouring up there.