5-18-2019 Saturday Live Chat Portal

Black Angel (1980)
25min | Short, Adventure, Fantasy | 21 May 1980 (Scotland)

A popular Lucas-approved short that was in some markets aired in theaters as a companion piece to Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. Sir Maddox, a knight returning from the Crusades, finds his village and keep destroyed by unknown attackers. Most of the inhabitants are dead, including his family, and the few that did survive have become infected with a disease, possibly the plague. Having left nothing to live for, Sir Maddox decides to track the attackers down and avenge his family and village.

In the nearby forest, he stops by a lake, but accidentally falls into it and almost drowns due to the weight of his armor. However, a mysterious beautiful maiden in white appears to him and he is somehow saved. Thankful beyond words, he asks who she is and learns that she's a prisoner of Black Angel, a mysterious eerie knight in black armor. Sir Maddox immediately vows to free her, but she, saddened, implores him to stay away from the evil knight. His word being his bond, Sir Maddox tracks the ominous Black Angel down anyway with the suspicious help of a strange shady snickering peasant and learns firsthand why the creature is so feared.

Director: Roger Christian
Writer: Roger Christian (screenplay)
Stars: Tony Vogel, James Gibb, John Young

Reactions: Debi
You know how much I don't like wrestling. Ugh. Let's just hope I don't get blown away tomorrow. This stuff hit hard in Texas and OK today.
I haven't even watched the news today. Sounds like it's been bad.

Minutes until short movie start 15

Black Angel (1980)
25min | Short, Adventure, Fantasy | 21 May 1980 (Scotland)​

Reactions: DELETED
latest_Small.gif

That's supposed to get worse tomorrow.