5-13-2022 Friday Live Chat

1652424429108.png

That must be what, about 1973, 74? I had just started driving. Diesel was about 9 cents a gallon. Cheaper than bottled water.
I don't think I've seen a gas cap behind a license plate in decades.

Well good morning all, and welcome to Friday! Still not retired so I am at the office yet again. My back is just killing me from the pace this week so I'm going to be at less than full-throttle for a while, until I get warmed up and the meds kick in. Oh the joys of modern medicine. Keeping us in the workplace decades longer than our distant ancestors even lived. Yeah, it's a plot but we don't discover that until it's a moot point, unfortunately.
My friend (and neighbor down the street, actually) wasn't feeling well last night so I had to do podcast from my own home again, didn't have the time to drive to the main studio (40 minutes each way). To be fair, she did offer to let me come over and do it from the little studio we put together at her house, but I didn't want to be hanging around while she was under the weather. What a great friend for just making the offer, though. I am blessed. I just dusted off my old headset and the laptop, and was in business. We did two shows last night because two of our personalities will be out of the country for next time. Was up late but not doing too badly, awoke before the alarm so I am sufficiently rested.
A night off tonight, then another investigation tomorrow night at a location new to me. I'm told there is a "time warp" at that place so I'm really looking forward to finding out what that is all about.
Well the salt mines are understaffed so I better get to it. Good luck today, Friday the 13th. As long as it's Friday, it can't be that bad!

Have a terrific day, my friends!

That must be what, about 1973, 74? I had just started driving. Diesel was about 9 cents a gallon. Cheaper than bottled water.
I don't think I've seen a gas cap behind a license plate in decades.
Was there bottled water in the US in the mid 70s?

Oh, yes, distilled water has been available in gallons since I was a little kid.

Marketed for steam irons and such, to avoid mineral buildup.
Sure, distilled water, but I thought you were referring to bottled drinking water. I don't think bottled drinking water took off in the US until either Coke or Pepsi started producing it in the early 90s.

Reactions: garnetsilver