5-12-2023 Friday Live Chat

good morning Paul, same to you. I am heading out for the day, hope you have some fun things lined up.
just put together a bee hive, going to stain it later and get it ready to put out. gonna be a busy weekend if the rain continues to hold off, got a wooden 10 x 10 shed with aluminum siding, to disassemble and move from another location, nice shed and free for disassembling it. and then somewhere in the middle of everything else i have to fix a roof problem that materialized earlier this week..... a raccoon dug through the roof and got into the attic so have to do a repair there at some point between it all......lol......gonna be a busy weekend

346774582_616442853495152_4889427882051746592_n.jpg

346465967_740649091123482_8412953346012882942_n.jpg

*From 1955 to 1967, this was the crayon "package". Once they started to break, you ended up with a giant can of crayon parts that you dug through to find your favorite "color". Box or can? Which is better?

View attachment 48026
Box, because you could line them up and they weren't as likely to break so easily.

Reactions: Paulm
just put together a bee hive, going to stain it later and get it ready to put out. gonna be a busy weekend if the rain continues to hold off, got a wooden 10 x 10 shed with aluminum siding, to disassemble and move from another location, nice shed and free for disassembling it. and then somewhere in the middle of everything else i have to fix a roof problem that materialized earlier this week..... a raccoon dug through the roof and got into the attic so have to do a repair there at some point between it all......lol......gonna be a busy weekend

346774582_616442853495152_4889427882051746592_n.jpg

346465967_740649091123482_8412953346012882942_n.jpg
Is that the culprit in that cage?

When we lived in a top floor apartment, we had a squirrel problem. They had somehow infiltrated the crawlspace above our unit. Then a raccoon got in there, and I swear it sounded like a person walking around up there. We were so glad when the landlord had the roof replaced.

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
Is that the culprit in that cage?

When we lived in a top floor apartment, we had a squirrel problem. They had somehow infiltrated the crawlspace above our unit. Then a raccoon got in there, and I swear it sounded like a person walking around up there. We were so glad when the landlord had the roof replaced.
yeah, thats him, i was able to trap him the next night. i then took him down to the river and released him into the woods. hopefully he can find a more fitting home than my attic there....
when i saw what he had done it just blew me away, ive never seen one just dig right through the center of a roof like that. its still hard to believe he could do that...lol

They are pretty aggressive, that way. When I lived in FL, we had a feral cat community. The neighbors took turns putting out food for the cats, and the raccoons would bully them and take the food.

They are pretty aggressive, that way. When I lived in FL, we had a feral cat community. The neighbors took turns putting out food for the cats, and the raccoons would bully them and take the food.
we have a lot of raccoons and opossums, this is the first ive had any type trouble with. there is a lot of feral cats around also... the neighbor a few doors down will trap them and take them to be fixed and then re-release them. they can be wild as heck.... i wish people would take better care of their pets and of the wildlife in the area. i always release them back into the wild or in this ones case relocate and release....lol

we have a lot of raccoons and opossums, this is the first ive had any type trouble with. there is a lot of feral cats around also... the neighbor a few doors down will trap them and take them to be fixed and then re-release them. they can be wild as heck.... i wish people would take better care of their pets and of the wildlife in the area. i always release them back into the wild or in this ones case relocate and release....lol
That seems the best thing to do! It's good of you.