4-7-2021 Wednesday Live Chat

top of he morning, all. The sun is about to pop up. Brief pause on PNF

I’ve learned this past year that washing your clothes - at least things like t-shirts - can actually wear down and weaken the fabric and seams. I have 15 shirts which I’ve been wearing around the house in regular rotation and then washing. So each one gets washed predictably twice a month. Those shirts looked pretty good in April, 2020. Now, most of them have areas which are clearly thinning; and, most of them have one or more holes or separation at a seem.

I should acknowledge that I’m sharing one of my petty First World problems. I’m certainly very blessed to have a functioning washing machine, enough money to pay for electricity and detergent, and that I do in fact have the fortune to have as many as 15 shirts at one time. Not having any one of those gifts could present a minor hardship.

Last edited:
I have a friend who tells a story of a Navy Chief who never washed his coffee cup. Years and years of perhaps just rinsing once in awhile. One of his crew saw the cup and thought that they were doing him a favor, washed his cup. The Chief was pissed and expected to have bad luck from the newly washed cup. And the sailor . ... .

Good morning!

Abbreviated day at work today, must leave at lunchtime so wife and I can get our second COVID shot.

I tend to wear-out clothes from use long before wear from laundering takes a toll.

Recently had my 35th anniversary with the company, good for a pic in the company newsletter with the big boss. I had to really scrape the bottom of the barrel to find a company-monogrammed shirt for the photo, that wasn't torn or stained in front. This job can be hard on clothing.

I still have two brand-new pair of Levi's 501's that are some 12 years old, but too small in the waist. I'm saving them because I've sworn to fit into them again one day. There's a distinct possibility that one of them will be my funeral pants, lol.

Just got a referral for an investigation. This is cool because we have never had a website and I only established a dedicated email address for our group last year. Not being retired yet, I couldn't handle full-time investigating but hoping for as full a schedule as possible this summer. I've been thinking of a FB page for a while but FB itself is a huge time sink, and with the word that they got hacked last year, not sure I even want to have a presence there. We may be able to stay busy just on word-of-mouth recommendations.

Just got a referral for an investigation. This is cool because we have never had a website and I only established a dedicated email address for our group last year. Not being retired yet, I couldn't handle full-time investigating but hoping for as full a schedule as possible this summer. I've been thinking of a FB page for a while but FB itself is a huge time sink, and with the word that they got hacked last year, not sure I even want to have a presence there. We may be able to stay busy just on word-of-mouth recommendations.
Congrats! If you want to stay local, word of mouth is probably your best bet.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah