4-4-2020 Saturday Live Chat Thread

Wands, you Critter and Paint keep my spirits up. Without you all I might be like an owl with no coffee :D lol.
Sounds like you are trying to compare yourself to a certain someone else I know...

Glad you’re in on all this fun too Lynne.

If anyone wants to make Gumbo, here is my dad's recipe.

Gumbo

Roux
: 3/4 cup oil, 3/4 cup flour--cook together over medium heat until the color of chocolate. Stir all the time or it will burn.

Veggies: 1 onion diced; 1 green and 1 red pepper diced; 1 bunch celery diced, garlic to taste; 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. When roux is done, add diced veggies and seasoning.

Meats: 1 pound smoked sausage cubed; 1 pound chicken cubed; 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Add meats after veggies are done. When meats are done add 1 can Rotel tomatoes, 3 cans chicken broth, 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, and 1 bay leaf. Cook until boiling. Reduce heat and cover for 30 minutes on low heat. Uncover and add 1 pound cut okra, 1 pound shrimp, and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Bring back to boil and cook until okra is done. Remove bay leaf and sprinkle in parsley flakes.

Serve over rice.

I found myself singing the words "this is the dawning of the age of aquarius" today, and realised it talked about when Jupiter and Mars align, so I looked it up - and it was on the 20th of March this year (happens every year), but it was March 23rd when the UK went into full lockdown, and was heading that way a few days before, so is kind of interesting it ties in.
Maybe it takes a global event such as this to create a shift in people's thought patterns, because there seems to be something stirring besides the panic that will hopefully still be there once this is over. Many people are realising that work really isn't worth dying for, and that many can actually work from home when previously they have been told it is impossible.
I hope the love for fellow humans will continue to build and people realise that we are all in this together - and on the same planet together.

Reactions: Lynne
Hi Jay. How ya doing tonight ?

Hi critter. I’m guessing there is no movie tonight ?
That is correct. I tossed the idea in my head of picking a hilariously stupid film for any who wish to view; something that we can all laugh and forget about life for an hour. I could not find one to my liking. So, it live chat tonight.

That is correct. I tossed the idea in my head of picking a hilariously stupid film for any who wish to view; something that we can all laugh and forget about life for an hour. I could not find one to my liking. So, it live chat tonight.
Understandable since Deb is probably not up to much tonight.

I think that we all could use a departure from the sci fi or paranormal movie and something that is just funny. I will look for one for next week.

Reactions: Lynne