4-16-2023 Sunday Live Chat

man what a day. i am beat.. but i did get a lot accomplished. so much i cant even remember what all i did...lol...... i lucked out a couple weeks ago and acquired a 1940's iron bed, garage find, it was in really poor condition, heavily rusted, over about 4 coats of paint... so after three days now of vinegar washes, 3 wire wheels and an angle grinder later the headboard is clean, and has its first coat of base paint. i think it will turn out OK when complete......heres a couple before and after pics......

336650713_770146021105549_1064950982530519226_n.jpg

336730792_137742112459511_2110636981419734992_n.jpg
Wow that looks amazing.

Reactions: Paulm
I spent a couple days resting, today was a 6-hour-long adventure finding tires for my friend's truck and getting them installed. Her 84-year-old mom is in the hospital in Idaho, 2.5 hour drive. My friend had a slicing blowout on the freeway last night, new tires 6 months ago, but it couldn't be repaired. Needed two new ones. Three different tire shops before success. She texted me that she made it an hour ago and is at her mom's side.
So that was my adventure today. Got me out of mowing the lawn! :)

• Hands Clapping
Reactions: garnetsilver
I spent a couple days resting, today was a 6-hour-long adventure finding tires for my friend's truck and getting them installed. Her 84-year-old mom is in the hospital in Idaho, 2.5 hour drive. My friend had a slicing blowout on the freeway last night, new tires 6 months ago, but it couldn't be repaired. Needed two new ones. Three different tire shops before success. She texted me that she made it an hour ago and is at her mom's side.
So that was my adventure today. Got me out of mowing the lawn! :)
Well, that's quite the trade off! I'm glad she got there safely. Feeling better?

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
Well, that's quite the trade off! I'm glad she got there safely. Feeling better?
I was, until my sciatica just flared up, lol! But glad she made it.
My next spine injection is a week from tomorrow. Going to be a long week!

I was, until my sciatica just flared up, lol! But glad she made it.
My next spine injection is a week from tomorrow. Going to be a long week!
Ohhh boy. I feel your pain...literally. Try to take it as easy as possible this week, Chuck. Don't aggravate it too much.

Travis Taylor is on Coast to Coast AM tonight. In case you're up.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
I have to get up early, heading to bed in a bit. Then a couple of errands after work tomorrow, of course on opposite sides of town.