4-14-2021 Wednesday Live Chat

Garnetsilver , I've probably been very lucky with cats so take this with this caveat. The new cat sits in the bathroom or the basement overnight and the new cat paw at one another that way. They are hardy creatures.
The last time I tried -Hank Aaron is very exceptional. He just has that temperament that can make good friends right away.
Shadow T. Cat raised 7 kittens, Reggie the dog, and me. So doablble. Before Shadow was Pork Chop. They just seem to figure out how to get along...
But who would have known that Hank Aaron was Zorba the Greek !

Debbie, your comment about cables in the new thread about little things, reminds me that yesterday, our stereo kept turning itself off. We have a stereo hooked up to our laptop, big screen TV and two speakers. That way we can stream from the laptop, view on the television and hear through the speakers. I was watching a movie when the stereo just up and shut off. I turned it back on, repeat. After four tries, I had to hook up some earbuds directly to the laptop. I thought there was a short in one of the wires; not my area of expertise! So when Mr. Garnet came home I said nothing, being suspicious that it wasn't a short, but that it was me. We watched an hour long program, then another one for half an hour, no problems whatsoever.
Was it the stereo or the TV that shut off ? Sometimes a TV will sense no activity or ask the viewer if they are still watching. If no response from viewer, it will shut off.

Was it the stereo or the TV that shut off ? Sometimes a TV will sense no activity or ask the viewer if they are still watching. If no response from viewer, it will shut off.
It was the stereo that shut off. This isn't the first time, but it was four times in a row, while I was streaming a movie. I hope that it was the TV that did it, because that means it wasn't me doing Slider stuff.

Garnetsilver , I've probably been very lucky with cats so take this with this caveat. The new cat sits in the bathroom or the basement overnight and the new cat paw at one another that way. They are hardy creatures.
The last time I tried -Hank Aaron is very exceptional. He just has that temperament that can make good friends right away.
Shadow T. Cat raised 7 kittens, Reggie the dog, and me. So doablble. Before Shadow was Pork Chop. They just seem to figure out how to get along...
But who would have known that Hank Aaron was Zorba the Greek !
Thanks, Paint! They had a short visit today, with Penny in her carrier on my desk so she would feel safe. Sheena stared and ran away, and Zoey sat and stared. I gave them both some kibble to eat while they stared at each other. Then I shut Penny back in and let her out of the carrier. Tomorrow I may take Penny in her carrier downstairs to the living room and let her visit down there for awhile. I just don't want to risk a fight; Penny is nearly seven months old, but she is small for her age and underweight.

Reactions: Paintman
Breaking News | The Official NFR Experience

Apparently, there is strong talk of a Supernatural spinoff called CASTIEL... I am trying to unstick my eyeballs from the back my head

Breaking News | The Official NFR Experience

Apparently, there is strong talk of a Supernatural spinoff called CASTIEL... I am trying to unstick my eyeballs from the back my head
Castiel (Supernatural) from Wikipedia

Castiel /ˌkæstiˈɛl/ (nicknamed "Cass") is a fictional character portrayed by Misha Collins on The CW's American fantasy television series Supernatural. An Angel of the Lord, he first appears in the fourth season and is used to introduce the theme of Christian theology to the series. In the series, Castiel brings Dean Winchester back from Hell and frequently helps him and his brother, Sam, in their battles with various demons and angels along the way. During his travels with the Winchesters, Castiel develops friendships with both men. As an angel, he possesses a number of supernatural abilities, including the ability to kill demons.[2] Initially, the character demonstrates complete devotion to God and little emotion. However, his interactions and experiences with Dean and Sam, as well as certain revelations about God and his fellow angels, have a humanizing effect on him. This, despite the stress and harm it causes his character, allows him to develop an independent will as the series progresses and helps the show address topics related to free will.

Cass was my favorite character. The actor who portrays him has an effervescent personality in real-life, completely opposite Castiel.

Sardines would be more interesting if played with girls.

Once I hit ten, I was outdoors but usually launching rockets, flying model planes, looking at the sky with my telescope. My friends and I played Star Trek a lot, it was on network TV weeknights. I was always Captain Kirk, my best friend Mike was Mr. Spock. What a wonderful time to be a kid!

Last edited: