4-14-2021 Wednesday Live Chat

Five, but I had to go WAY back.

As soon as I could read, that's what I was doing while the other kids were playing.

I'm not sure I want to know what Sardines is, lol.

Sardines is an active game that is played like hide and go seek — only in reverse! One person hides, and everyone else searches for the hidden person. Whenever a person finds the hidden person, they quietly join them in their hiding spot. Soon, the hidden group starts to look like a bunch of sardines!

18 for me. We knew all the games and rounded up the neighborhood crew in the summer. We had a very large backyard so my house was "the playground."

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
I was that way, too. My mother was always chasing me out of doors because I preferred staying inside with a book!
My mom would send the book out with me. It was "outside" unless it was raining, and then the screened in porch if it wasn't a storm. Mom was a big believer in kids spending a lot of time outdoors in the summer. lol

1618424953739.png

My mom would send the book out with me. It was "outside" unless it was raining, and then the screened in porch if it wasn't a storm. Mom was a big believer in kids spending a lot of time outdoors in the summer. lol
We'd head out on bikes at midmorning, and usually show up back home as it was getting dark. In between, we always found ways to amuse ourselves without getting killed or in trouble. Other than playing baseball however, I have no recollection of what all we did.

Debi, I wanted to ask your advice about something. I want to introduce Penny to the other two, but haven't the stamina to follow the usual routine of switching out rooms and resources. What I have done so far is keep a towel rolled up at the bottom of the door for the first three days, to cut down on the sniffing and growling. Last night I removed it. Today I was thinking of either placing Penny in her carrier and putting her on my desk, then letting Sheena and Zoey in here for a while. Either that, or taking the carrier out in the hall and placing it on a chair so that she is higher up. Which do you think is the better way?

Reactions: Paintman
Garnet, I really am not sure. I've introduced new cats into the home in the past, and normally just let them loose together and let them figure it out! A very old school approach and one that is not the best, but this was years ago. I would allow the scents through the doors, though. And going by what I know of dog intro's, Penny confined to carrier would be my best guess, as the other two will feel less threatened on their home territory. Paint or Lynne are the cat people, so you might ask them.

Okay, I am going to go with the pet carrier approach. I have opened the door and left it open with Penny in her carrier on a higher surface. I used to do the old school approach too, and it wasn't the best outcome. I'll just see how it plays out.

Debbie, your comment about cables in the new thread about little things, reminds me that yesterday, our stereo kept turning itself off. We have a stereo hooked up to our laptop, big screen TV and two speakers. That way we can stream from the laptop, view on the television and hear through the speakers. I was watching a movie when the stereo just up and shut off. I turned it back on, repeat. After four tries, I had to hook up some earbuds directly to the laptop. I thought there was a short in one of the wires; not my area of expertise! So when Mr. Garnet came home I said nothing, being suspicious that it wasn't a short, but that it was me. We watched an hour long program, then another one for half an hour, no problems whatsoever.