4-11-2023 Tuesday Live Chat

I set out salad makings scraps. Something- somebody likes it.

Reactions: Paulm
He'll have a nice menu...lol You going with baby chicks to start a flock?
got a place that sells year old layers. gonna start with just 6 and maybe add another couple later on if need to. gonna keep it small and manageable....

Reactions: Paintman
I set out salad makings scraps. Something- somebody likes it.
if i do that ill have a dozen opossums congregating out back...lol... already have a steady trail of different critters traveling back and forth to the pond area

got a place that sells year old layers. gonna start with just 6 and maybe add another couple later on if need to. gonna keep it small and manageable....
Six is a good number for the size of your coop from what I could see. If you crowd them, someone will get picked on.

if i do that ill have a dozen opossums congregating out back...lol... already have a steady trail of different critters traveling back and forth to the pond area
Possums are actually really good to keep the ticks down. I try not to harm them when I see them.

Six is a good number for the size of your coop from what I could see. If you crowd them, someone will get picked on.
yeah, the coop is 4 foot wide by 7 foot long, four perches, 5 foot laying box. the run area is 16 by 16 by 6 foot high

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
yeah, the coop is 4 foot wide by 7 foot long, four perches, 5 foot laying box. the run area is 16 by 16 by 6 foot high
You going to let them free range during the day or keep them in coop area? I had to keep mine in coop area to keep the hawks from carrying them off.

Possums are actually really good to keep the ticks down. I try not to harm them when I see them.
yes they are. i never harm them. pick them up by the tail and place them over the fence if/when they get in and cornered by the dogs.
luckily armadillos dont get in....lol

892vlm5l71t11.jpg