3D Printing

Keel M.

Reaction score
Website
4girlsandaghost.wordpress.com
I can't exactly afford a 3D printer, but about a month ago, I learned that the library near my house has a few printers and will print stuff for you for a small fee. I asked some friends what they would get done, but apparently they aren't as enthusiastic about this as I am, because they were no help at all. Lol So I decided to look around online. There's far more than I ever imagined that can be printed. Useful stuff, too, like for the kitchen. (there is a "food grade" plastic that is supposed to be used when making kitchen gadgets and things) I settled on a thing called a Groovi Monster. Clever name for what is essentially a sound amplifier for your cell phone. The library charges $.05 a gram plus $1 service charge and most of the sites offering the files for printing tell you how much it weighs. The Groovi Monster cost me $6.07. I've already gotten two friends ask me to have one printed for them. As long as they item is legal (because you can 3D print a gun and a knife) and small enough for them to print, the library will do it. I'm currently awaiting a reply about the laptop bar I submitted on Monday. It will fit under the back of my laptop to lift it off the desk and allow air to circulate beneath it.

Anyone else have experience with 3D printing? Own a printer?

Reactions: ParanormalMom
3-d printers are cool, and have rapidly expanded to include many many different materials, this technology is moving forward at a very high rate of speed...would be a great stock to invest in.... I have a friend who has one, he is big into making manga and anime characters, along with other sculptures..... heres a pencil holder he gave me not long ago.....the ideas are limitless

zzzowl.jpg

If I could I would get one done of my daughter dirty look so ppl will see she has a attitude, ppl don't believe me cause she so sweet.

Reactions: Wind in Trees
3-d printers are cool, and have rapidly expanded to include many many different materials, this technology is moving forward at a very high rate of speed...would be a great stock to invest in.... I have a friend who has one, he is big into making manga and anime characters, along with other sculptures..... heres a pencil holder he gave me not long ago.....the ideas are limitless

View attachment 18789
One of my sons owns one. He makes all kinds of stuff with it, including custom RC car and airplane parts for himself and others.

One of my sons owns one. He makes all kinds of stuff with it, including custom RC car and airplane parts for himself and others.
the owl my friend made was just a default program on his printer, he used those to practice and learn with...he now makes his own programs for figures and all kinds of stuff, he does some really cool steampunk type stuff, really a great tool for sculptors and that type art.

the owl my friend made was just a default program on his printer, he used those to practice and learn with...he now makes his own programs for figures and all kinds of stuff, he does some really cool steampunk type stuff, really a great tool for sculptors and that type art.
Steampunk? :)

Reactions: Paulm
Steampunk? :)
Steampunk is a style mashup of different eras...usually the styles of the Victorian era, the american western era and the industrial age....but can be as simple as Victorian style with blue or rose colored sunglasses...something that is out of place but at the same time just fits.... It started back in the 60's and really peaked mid 80'sh or so..but still has a large subculture following...... Just got to know the right ppl...lol

Steampunk is a style mashup of different eras...usually the styles of the Victorian era, the american western era and the industrial age....but can be as simple as Victorian style with blue or rose colored sunglasses...something that is out of place but at the same time just fits.... It started back in the 60's and really peaked mid 80'sh or so..but still has a large subculture following...... Just got to know the right ppl...lol
You totally misunderstand....I LOVE Steampunk! lol I even follow a facebook page featuring it. :p

Reactions: Paulm and Keel M.