well, the only footage they had of them made them think they were chicken people on mars...…...What always struck me funny were all the people who believed the story was true. The DoD and USCG used to get calls and letters asking why they weren't trying to locate/rescue the castaways.
Oh wow I didn’t know they finally were rescued. I too was amazed at all the stuff they managed to make with little supplies. Still a very fun show.For me, it is the recurring theme of (supposedly) making things out of practically nothing. Their taxi for example and those fabulous cream pies. They must have dug a mine in order to have a never ending supply of tin pie pans.
I was also taken by the reunion “Rescue...” movie where they all finally got off the island. I think I’ll stop there so that I don’t spoil the movie for anyone who didn’t see it.
Yep, they were rescued. So spoiler warning Skip this post if you don’t want to know the gross plot.Oh wow I didn’t know they finally were rescued. I too was amazed at all the stuff they managed to make with little supplies. Still a very fun show.
Thank you for this !! I will probably never watch the movie.Yep, they were rescued. So spoiler warning Skip this post if you don’t want to know the gross plot.
Also, I believe this 90 minute movies is available on YouTube In case anyone wants to watch it.
1. Yet another huge wave is coming - gonna wipe out the entire island.
2. Professor suggests their only chance to survive is to move their huts together and tie them to one another.
3. Wave hits and pushes huts off into the ocean where they float like a raft.
4. Passing ship picks them up and returns them to Hawaii as heroes.
5. Everone returns to their former lives.
6. Skipper and Gilligan visit each of the other five in turn to get their signatures on insurance documents attesting that the shipwreck was not the crew’s fault.
7. Skipper uses insurance payout to buy a replacement Minnow boat.
8. All seven join up for celebration and realize they are all miserable in their current lives.
9. They take the new Minnow out and...they end up shipwrecked again...on the same island.
This movie was like 40 years ago. And I think the ending concluded pretty quickly. But I think I got the impression that Sherwood Schwartz was trying to make the point that in isolation the seven had grown into a family - and that even in adverse conditions they were better off together rather than living their old lives separately.
That, and they were rescued again and opened a resort hotel on the island! <—— True dat!
Tina Louise is the only original actor who was recast in the reunion movie.