3-D model made of Shroud of Turin

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

A research team in Italy has constructed a three-dimensional model of the body depicted on the Shroud of Turin that many believe to be Jesus Christ.

The leader of the project, professor Giulio Fanti, has spent twenty years studying the controversial cloth and described the newly-unveiled 3D statue as a culmination of that work.

Conceding that science cannot confirm the identify on the person featured on the cloth, the professor nonetheless noted to CBN News that "the perfect correspondence of the Gospels and of the Bible in general with the Shroud" convinced him that it is Jesus.

Specifically, he pointed to the crown of thorns which appears to be atop the head of the person on the Shroud, which Fanti argues is proof that the man was, in fact, Jesus.

As for the sculpture itself, he declared that, for the first time, "we believe that we have the precise image of what Jesus looked like on this earth."

Based on his research and the reconstruction of the body using 3D technology, Fanti speculated that Jesus suffered at least 600 blows during the crucifixion and suffered a dislocated shoulder during the ordeal.

Source: CBN News

Not sure how they recreated a 3D image like that from the shroud, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

There was a tv doccumentary on the shroud that showed how the computerized 3D form was made. They recreated what the figure would have looked like. I’m guessing they used this info.

There was a tv doccumentary on the shroud that showed how the computerized 3D form was made. They recreated what the figure would have looked like. I’m guessing they used this info.
its called the Real face of Christ by Ray Downning

Last edited:
It's quite fascinating. Now, educate me, please. Was the crown of thorns ever used as a regular part of these crucifixions or was that exclusive to the Jesus crucifixion?

It's quite fascinating. Now, educate me, please. Was the crown of thorns ever used as a regular part of these crucifixions or was that exclusive to the Jesus crucifixion?
I’m guessing no because they did this to Christ because he claimed to be the king of the Jews and it was a form of mocking torture.