3-5-2021 Friday Live Chat

Good morning!

Friday, the most-awaited day of the work week. It's also the longest, subjectively. Mondays pass quickly at work, Fridays drag on forever. I'm very busy today, so, while that will keep me offline for a while, it will help pass the day more quickly. :)

Small victories.

*View attachment 30806

My Mom made the best . . .

I have to think about that. Mom was actually famous in the family for being a terrible cook. She had her mother and aunt filling us with Croatian and American goodies so she never really learned. Dad was an ex-Air Force cook (Korean war) and could cook anything- as long as it was for a hundred people, lol. But mom? Honestly the thought of a home-cooked meal made by mom is not a good memory. There were five of us kids and we always cheered when dad brought home a big bag of burgers and fries. It usually meant dinner in the living room, watching TV, and most importantly, NOT having to gag-down something mom tried to make. Dad knew this too.

Utah, Croatian also ! I'm at 20something %.
I'll try to find the family Croatian meatball recipe for you. Caraway seeds are the predominant spice. You fry them so they are hard on the outside but very soft on the inside. - so it is the opposite of the family Swedish meatball recipe which really Prides itself its softness and neutral taste.

Mornin' pards.

Absentee. As sad as this may sound, not everything in life can be rosy and I feel I am a stronger person today because of my past.
Titch, I raised my great nephew off and on from a young age and had him permanently from the age of 14. He just turned 21. His parents were abusive and his grandmother pretty much the same way. The greatest gift I got was when this young man turned 21 last month he told me "I am so much stronger because I had you guys in my life." I'm so proud of who he has become despite the awful things that happened to him before he came to live with us. Always stay proud of who you have become. :)

Utah, Croatian also ! I'm at 20something %.
I'll try to find the family Croatian meatball recipe for you. Caraway seeds are the predominant spice. You fry them so they are hard on the outside but very soft on the inside. - so it is the opposite of the family Swedish meatball recipe which really Prides itself its softness and neutral taste.

Mornin' pards.
I think we may have to have a Croatian family gathering...lol

Reactions: Paintman
I think we may have to have a Croatian family gathering...lol
Let's meet up in Dodge City
156873733_4323532324337249_7382481062729254673_n.jpg

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm