3-22-2020 Sunday Live Chat Thread

5.4 earthquake in Zagreb, Croatia. Cathedral damaged.

5.4 earthquake in Zagreb, Croatia. Cathedral damaged.
Dang. Been a lot of quakes going on. My great great great grandfather was once mayor of Zagreb, or so I've been told. I hope no one was injured but sad about another cathedral being damaged.

Reactions: Paintman
Cardinal Blase Cupich, archbishop of Chicago, is asking Catholic parishes to ring their church bells five times a day between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. This started Saturday.

Each of the five prayer times will be dedicated to a specific group particularly affected by the pandemic.

The groups are listed below:

9 a.m. – Prayer for those infected with the virus and all those who are ill

12 p.m. – Prayer for healthcare workers and those attending to the sick

3 p.m. – Prayer for first responders and essential workers

6 p.m. – Prayer for people of every nation and their leaders

9 p.m. – Prayer for those who have died today

Cool.
Fun fact, church bells used to ring every daylight hour so people would know what time it was. Many still do. ( I've been in many bell towers doing maintenance and it's really a loudspeaker.:()
Anyway, this practice was curtailed with the advent of shift workers in factories.
Imagine living next to a neighborhood church and you were just getting to bed at 7 a.m.:confused:.
Hiya Debi ! Wassup ?

Cool.
Fun fact, church bells used to ring every daylight hour so people would know what time it was. Many still do. ( I've been in many bell towers doing maintenance and it's really a loudspeaker.:()
Anyway, this practice was curtailed with the advent of shift workers in factories.
Imagine living next to a neighborhood church and you were just getting to bed at 7 a.m.:confused:.
Hiya Debi ! Wassup ?
Heya Paint! Did you know that the United Methodist Church bells in Hobart used to do just that? Every hour on the hour.

Just snagged our order from Walmart. Only three items not available, so not bad! With the med order and Kroger order Tuesday, we may be able to lock down for 3 weeks. That's our goal right now. I think meat products are the hardest to snag at the moment.

Reactions: Paintman
I'm going to make a 'sane' amount of paella and jambalaya.
Reason being, I want to get these fresh vegetables cooked and in frozen form.:)
So I will be back and forth between the kitchen and the Forum all day.

Reactions: Debi