3-16-2020 Monday Live Chat Thread

Brother and I are going to remodel my mom's bathroom while she's gone. Close quarters and stubborn. What could go wrong?
Ohhh, I'd love to be a fly on that wall....with a camera. :p

I can assure you we have not been in a fist fight since our late 30s.;)
I hope your son has a backup plan. It's hard enough keeping the train rolling. Even without this uncertainty.

I can assure you we have not been in a fist fight since our late 30s.;)
I hope your son has a backup plan. It's hard enough keeping the train rolling. Even without this uncertainty.
He just got back starting to work, and now they are shut down. Wife is working from home. She's insurance/health. I don't know how they'll make it but he'll find a way. Lots of friends and a big fishing brotherhood to help.

Reactions: Paintman
That's great!
I think I'm going to have to limit myself to 10 or 12 paint days and 8 mowing days a month. Maybe more if it's just easy work.

OH...btw....tried the KerryGold butter. Well, I have to admit, I was expecting "more". It's good, but I'm not that overly impressed.

I think I just heard Duke whisper "blasphemy" under his breath....lol

I don't know if I ever told the story. Pop was an industrial painting contractor and he slipped off of an I-beam and fell on a cooling tower. And broke his back. He was okay but he took that as a sign that it was time to retire. Late 60's, early 70's.
He worked at Dupont and Stofford Chemical. In East Chicago.
A cooling tower is essentially a giant grill and thank God it wasn't turned on.

Reactions: Debi
I don't know if I ever told the story. Pop was an industrial painting contractor and he slipped off of an I-beam and fell on a cooling tower. And broke his back. He was okay but he took that as a sign that it was time to retire. Late 60's, early 70's.
He worked at Dupont and Stofford Chemical. In East Chicago.
A cooling tower is essentially a giant grill and thank God it wasn't turned on.
Sheesh! I know what it is and he was lucky to live.

I think I just heard Duke whisper "blasphemy" under his breath....lol
Maybe Mrs Duke, I'm not a big butter eater.
I do think Kerrygold is tastier than other butters, but I might use it 5-6 times year. Mostly on brown n serve rolls on Thanksgiving and Christmas.