An extreme example of my old luck. Back in the late 90s not long after this 21 event, a friend went out to Crete to work for the summer and suggested I join her, but didn't mention which town. I was confidant enough in my luck by this point to quit my job, twirl my finger around over a map of Crete and say "that town!" get a flight then a bus to the town I picked at random, arriving in the middle of the night. Found cheap accommodation despite it being the middle of the night and not speaking Greek (they don't actually like the tourists in that town) within minutes. Got up the next day and saw her on the second street I walked down.

Furthermore I missed my flight home and had run out of money but some people at the airport snuck me onto another plane off the books with no ticket!

:openmouth:

That's the most extreme example but I was lucky enough that I felt able to do that! Living by the normal laws of probability is no fun.

Last edited:
I still get bursts but only in extreme circumstances and far more rarely. Like a situation where I'd called the police emergency number but they were taking too long when a group of guys arrived from a martial arts class and recognised me from a club ten years earlier and stood guard till the cops showed up(!) I'm not ungrateful but I have to deal with a lot of bad luck now that never troubled me before, I've had a lot of truly bad things happen and money no longer magically sorts itself out.It only seems to happen if I'm in physical danger rather than all the time.

This really makes me sound like a real whiner! Reading this back I should still be bloody grateful! Actually talking about things can really put things in perspective!

I should give more thanks to my gods.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! My next 7 cycle date is 42 and I hope we all recognise the significance of that! Surely there is something to the ultimate answer to life the universe and everything being a multiple of 7?

I'd pretty much abandoned the idea that the seven year cycle was about me and instead explain it as being a cycle relating to the area. I've had some unrelated experiences since leaving the area at other times but nothing at a seven year point, hence my idea of returning in October 2019. I get nothing where I live now. I think this area is a paranormal null spot and I've rarely been alone anywhere else in over a decade, hence no experiences. The ones I did have were when I was working alone in different areas (and one other thing which also happened elsewhere but is a story for much later) . I guess it's good to know my home is safe from unpleasant intrusions of the paranormal kind; now if only throwing salt around and chanting would dispel my obnoxious neighbour! I do miss the good things though. I used to have outrageous luck for many years but that's faded out here. It's like real life, dammit!

You can be certain I’m looking forward to your “42” thread Benway.

I know you’ve indicated in your post above that you have another story to be shared at a different time. But I’m interested in other context of that same sentence. Have I interpreted correctly that your paranormal events seem to be greater when you are alone? If that’s correct, what is your environment or condition when you are “not alone”,...like do you mean living in a densely populated place versus living in a rural area, or do you mean living with someone versus living as single.

You can be certain I’m looking forward to your “42” thread Benway.

I know you’ve indicated in your post above that you have another story to be shared at a different time. But I’m interested in other context of that same sentence. Have I interpreted correctly that your paranormal events seem to be greater when you are alone? If that’s correct, what is your environment or condition when you are “not alone”,...like do you mean living in a densely populated place versus living in a rural area, or do you mean living with someone versus living as single.
Well, pretty literal! Post moving experiences were when I was a lone security guard with nobody else for a long way in any direction, which is about as alone as I've ever been. Whenever I go back to the city centre it's the actual centre (I grew up a half hours walk out) and it's busy shops or pubs or clubs all full of people and things just don't seem to happen in those enviroments. I'm alone nearly all of the time at home, but nothing ever seems to happen in this area.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Anyway...

I was reciting a long list of information about what had happened during my missing time. As it became obvious that nothing was following me I recognised my surroundings and slowed a little then stopped at the exact point I'd blanked out. Somehow I'd ended up so far away from there that It had taken me all this time running full speed to get back to where I started! In addition to the words it triggered faint memories like trying to focus on a fading dream and that filled in more gaps.

I don't know how it started and I'm still missing a bit from after I started to head for home. The next thing I do know is that I was somewhere else, inside with other people. I never got a clear image of it, but it was like a low budget sci-fi set; small, low lighting neon mostly blue lights in places which threw more shadow and contrast while still leaving it mostly dark. I remember a sort of corridor with rounded walls and a circular (I think) chamber, again not very big with some console or roughly circular bank of equipment in the centre and more stuff around the walls. I can't picture the people but know that they appeared completely human and normal. Not tall and blonde or small and east asian or other common generic alien types. Very self-important though and not dressed in casual clothes but something somebody might dress sci-fi characters in that didn't look contemporary but also not ridiculous. I can't really remember the detail, but I think there was a fair amount of white there and trousers, tunics maybe? Possibly blue details and areas?

As I said I'm missing a bit. But from the start of what I remember we were getting on really well. At least I seemed to have gained their trust and they seemed to have accepted me as a new recruit to the cause. I'd asked my questions (and not hid in terror!) and they'd confirmed that they were behind what happened when I was seven and fourteen and also claimed responsibility for other 'abductions' and 'religious visions'. I had speculated that they had been trying to strengthen my belief in Christianity and that when that failed they had tried to strengthen my belief in extraterrestrial visitors. They seemed impressed and pleased and confirmed that it was true! I asked why they would do that and I think they conferred and decided I was 'in'.

They gave me a tour of this base of operations. Which I don't remember. Where was I? The obvious knee-jerk reaction would be "On an alien spaceship, stupid!" but I remember no evidence of that. No windows or motion. It had various rooms, though I can't remember any of the other ones. It could quite easily have been in a house or row of houses that had been rebuilt or underground (bearing in mind that this all took place in the 'burbs). I was shown a lot of things and told who and what they were and what they were doing, why and their goals. I kept smiling and nodding but I was surprised, shocked and then horrified and that is why I no longer remember any of it!

Quick break. Deep breaths!

Last edited:
Reactions: Selectric and Lynne
At first I think I felt honoured and was thinking of signing up with them but I realised that I didn't like them or what they stood for. Finally they revealed something that appalled me so much that I just snapped. I'm about the calmest person I know but I I just started shouting at them, screamed at them about how evil they were (but probably more colourfully) and to stay the hell away from me in future and darted forwards (this was in the room I remember vaguely) and I think I deliberately smashed something fragile which they had said was vital and really hard to replace. The smiles dropped away and I was alone and trapped with a group of people angrier than I'd ever seen anybody. I was terrified... and then I was running along a dark street.

They had erased my memory but before I went under I'd hit on the idea of reciting key facts. But, and this is important, I wasn't upset about losing the memories; I was glad! I'd learned things that I hated but could do nothing about and these people scared me. They had no respect for life or the sanctity of the mind. They were capable of anything and I was lucky to get off so lightly. A small part of me worries about writing this down here! I was sure that the triggered memories were unintended and that my list was just supposed to give me enough to provide an explanation and convince me to leave the subject alone. I decided to give up on the subject. I still read books after a while, but wanted nothing to do personal experience again. When I got home no matter how I tried to apportion time I was missing well over an hour.
There is no 28.

So there you have it. It may not seem to reveal much but it... does if it's at all reliable.

1) I'd read everything I could about UFOs and aliens and different explanations and who and what they were surprised the hell out of me. That means anything I'd considered a possible explanation can be ruled out.

So not from another planet

Not working for any government or military

Not gods, angels or demons

They weren't making hybrids and had no interest in genetic experiments or cows.

Feel free to ask me if I knew about other theories.

2) They admitted to hoaxing alien encounters and religious experiences to get people to believe in religions or aliens (and were very proud of their work!).

This might sound like two disconnected things, but if the goal is to encourage blind faith in a belief system without critical thought then 'aliens!' is the perfect substitute for religion for people not inclined to follow a religion. Belief in extraterrestrial visitation has it's own Bible made up of Roswell and abductions and grey aliens and government conspiracy and it's own origin of humanity and even (like Christianity, Judaism and Islam) it's own interpretation of ancient Sumerian and Babylonian mythology! I don't think they had been around for thousands of years and created religion; they just use it.

A program to undermine rational thought is certainly something that would horrify and anger me. I don't know if that is right or that is all of course. In fact since I know about that then it was most likely only part of it.

Well, it's late and there's probably more but I have to sleep. Prod me! Ask questions! I know I must have missed things and there are more things to bounce off of this that could unravel more.

Thanks for reading and beware of not asking questions!
And on that subject, this whole experience could have been just as staged as the first two, to get me to think in yet another way. Happy headaches everybody!

Last edited:
Well, pretty literal! Post moving experiences were when I was a lone security guard with nobody else for a long way in any direction, which is about as alone as I've ever been. Whenever I go back to the city centre it's the actual centre (I grew up a half hours walk out) and it's busy shops or pubs or clubs all full of people and things just don't seem to happen in those enviroments. I'm alone nearly all of the time at home, but nothing ever seems to happen in this area.

Thank you kindly for that reply Benway. I asked selfishly because I wanted to assimilate your input into my own WIP theory. Paranormal activity around me has dropped off significantly - but by no means has disappeared complete - in the past 13 years.

Besides being 13 years older, two other major things are different in that same period compared to the years prior - I’m living with my girlfriend (where I lived alone for the prior 12 years) and we moved in together at the same time we both moved 3,000 miles across the USA.

I’m trying to uncover what might be impacting my experiences the most in this 13 year period.

I can’t reasonably nor ethically experiment with either of those two key variables to test any theories because either I’d have to leave my girlfriend or we’d both have to move again...or both.

However, even if location can be a key contributor, I honestly believe that my girlfriend is the major variable. She seems to be a dampener. There were many times especially in the first few years we lived together where I could simply get into the shower (alone) and I’d receive premonitions with the same level of clarity and frequency as I did before we moved in together. I say “frequency” not meaning to imply a statistical occurrence over days or weeks; I use that word because it was not uncommon for me to perceive three, four, or even five psi messages in just 15 minutes.

Reactions: Benway
At first I think I felt honoured and was thinking of signing up with them but I realised that I didn't like them or what they stood for. Finally they revealed something that appalled me so much that I just snapped. I'm about the calmest person I know but I I just started shouting at them, screamed at them about how evil they were (but probably more colourfully) and to stay the hell away from me in future and darted forwards (this was in the room I remember vaguely) and I think I deliberately smashed something fragile which they had said was vital and really hard to replace. The smiles dropped away and I was alone and trapped with a group of people angrier than I'd ever seen anybody. I was terrified... and then I was running along a dark street.

They had erased my memory but before I went under I'd hit on the idea of reciting key facts. But, and this is important, I wasn't upset about losing the memories; I was glad! I'd learned things that I hated but could do nothing about and these people scared me. They had no respect for life or the sanctity of the mind. They were capable of anything and I was lucky to get off so lightly. A small part of me worries about writing this down here! I was sure that the triggered memories were unintended and that my list was just supposed to give me enough to provide an explanation and convince me to leave the subject alone. I decided to give up on the subject. I still read books after a while, but wanted nothing to do personal experience again. When I got home no matter how I tried to apportion time I was missing well over an hour.
There is no 28.

So there you have it. It may not seem to reveal much but it... does if it's at all reliable.

1) I'd read everything I could about UFOs and aliens and different explanations and who and what they were surprised the hell out of me. That means anything I'd considered a possible explanation can be ruled out.

So not from another planet

Not working for any government or military

Not gods, angels or demons

They weren't making hybrids and had no interest in genetic experiments or cows.

Feel free to ask me if I knew about other theories.

2) They admitted to hoaxing alien encounters and religious experiences to get people to believe in religions or aliens (and were very proud of their work!).

This might sound like two disconnected things, but if the goal is to encourage blind faith in a belief system without critical thought then 'aliens!' is the perfect substitute for religion for people not inclined to follow a religion. Belief in extraterrestrial visitation has it's own Bible made up of Roswell and abductions and grey aliens and government conspiracy and it's own origin of humanity and even (like Christianity, Judaism and Islam) it's own interpretation of ancient Sumerian and Babylonian mythology! I don't think they had been around for thousands of years and created religion; they just use it.

A program to undermine rational thought is certainly something that would horrify and anger me. I don't know if that is right or that is all of course. In fact since I know about that then it was most likely only part of it.

Well, it's late and there's probably more but I have to sleep. Prod me! Ask questions! I know I must have missed things and there are more things to bounce off of this that could unravel more.

Thanks for reading and beware of not asking questions!
And on that subject, this whole experience could have been just as staged as the first two, to get me to think in yet another way. Happy headaches everybody!

Twister. Benway. So you know I’m going to probe so here are a few questions. I’m not going to ask about the possible influences of substance abuse or mental illness because from your other posts I believe you would have already ruled that out. I also read your claim that your memory was mostly wiped so it is reasonable to assume anything that you can recall you might not be confident about.

1. So you seem to believe that both of the first two, and possibly even the third, episodes were intended to manipulate your perception. Any idea or even iffy guess at what the end result of this manipulation was intended to be? Just to create confusion and/or fear?

2. You stated these persons weren’t a number of things including aliens, gods, nor government officials. I got the impression then they likely are Earthlings? Any guess at “who” they are - Masons, Mormons, Men in Black, McDonlds Franchisees, etc.? I ask based upon my social belief/conditioning that humans do things together typically with a common identity even if that identity is suppose to remain unknown.

3. Now my toughest question - the one most incredulous question Benway. You indicated that you were appalled at something they said; and, you believed they had no respect for life. Why do you think you were allowed to survive?

4. Besides the very strong emotions you shared regarding your changing feelings towards them, do you think they accomplished anything towards their goal(s) relevant to you? For example, did the third event instill in you their intended change though neither of the first two attempts succeeded?

5. Finally for now, do you think you are still "in" with them as you indicated early in that same post?

Really fascinating stuff horrifying as it all sounds. Thank you Benway for sharing 21 with us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Selectric
Though in his prior post Benway has allotted his cycle of 7 to be relevant to a location rather than his own biological age, I have an interesting update on my own 7 year cycles (the musing about which was initially triggered by Benway's thread).

I indicated in my Wednesday post in this thread that,
...I decided to examine my own life. And quite seriously, I have discovered that I have experienced one of those major life changes/stresses every seven years and they happen to occur in years that are multiples of seven. Other than the death of one of my parents which happened outside the cycle of seven years, all of the other most serious life events happened to me at ages 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, and 49. I have not yet been able to determine with confidence what if anything material happened to me at age 7 but I’m still thinking about it.

I have a finding on the age of 7 which I didn't have on Wednesday. I think my point might be at least entertaining to you - insightful to me for certain. In trying to find what was important to me about "7", late this week I tried to shoehorn in that my psi life started at age 7 because that was when I believe I saw the ghost of my (then and still dead) paternal grandmother. But I can't confidently know that was at age 7 - the sighting happened in an apartment we lived in for three years so I could be mistaking my age.

However, something that I know for certain happened at age 7 - because I've remembered the event off and on over my entire life - is that I came to the realization that fantasy and fiction are not the same as real life events. What I mean is that up until age 7, and i know this with certainty, I didn't have an understanding of what cartoons were. More applicable, I felt that all actions shown on TV or in movies as portrayed by (what we all know as) "actors" were in fact depicting real life events. For example the characters played by young Kurt Russell in his fantastical Disney movies - and Mary Poppins too. I didn't understand that just because the actors were humans, that didn't mean what they were doing on TV or in a movie was not in fact real. Let me tell you how I know I was 7 when that epiphany hit me. Because at 7 I put on a costume and convinced one of my stronger relatives to pick me up and throw me into the air because I was convinced that - like others I'd seen on TV and in movies - I too could fly. I remember hitting my head on a telephone poll. So either my relative purposely tossed me in that direction or...wait a minute...maybe I did actually fly and I just banked the wrong direction right after take off.

So I think you get my point that at age 7 my fundamental understanding of the real world - fantasy versus non-fiction - went through a very important change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Selectric
The number 7 is a Holy number. Think of this....God created the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th. The Bible is full of 7's, including the Jewish Shemitah, the year of rest, which is every seven years. Also, our bodies shed cells and we become new every seven years with a new set of them. The number 7 indicates a completion and renewal in the holy/divine realms and appears to be expressed throughout nature as well. There are seven days of the week, seven colors of the rainbow, seven notes on a musical scale, seven seas and seven continents.

Back to the Holy/Divine references, here's the Bible breakdown:

The Meaning of Numbers: The Number 7
Used 735 times (54 times in the book of Revelation alone), the number 7 is the foundation of God's word. If we include with this count how many times 'sevenfold' (6) and 'seventh' (119) is used, our total jumps to 860 references.

Seven is the number of completeness and perfection (both physical and spiritual). It derives much of its meaning from being tied directly to God's creation of all things. According to some Jewish traditions, the creation of Adam occurred on September 26, 3760 B.C. (or the first day of Tishri, which is the seventh month on the Hebrew calendar). The word 'created' is used 7 times describing God's creative work (Genesis 1:1, 21, 27 three times; 2:3; 2:4). There are 7 days in a week and God's Sabbath is on the 7th day.

The Bible, as a whole, was originally divided into 7 major divisions. They are 1) the Law; 2) the Prophets; 3) the Writings, or Psalms; 4) the Gospels and Acts; 5) the General Epistles; 6) the Epistles of Paul; and 7) the book of Revelation. The total number of originally inspired books was forty-nine, or 7 x 7, demonstrating the absolute perfection of the Word of God.
You covered this perfectly Debi. You covered my points here well. Thanks !