2 people are buried on a runway at a US airport where hundreds of planes land every day

they should have let them be relocated, bonaventure cemetery is beautiful and full of history. a really nice place on the Wilmington river

I wonder why the family didn't want to move those four?
good question, probably something simple, a link to the land perhaps, even though it was sold that is the land they created, farmed, gave life to, heritage and pride is a strong emotion down this way

good question, probably something simple, a link to the land perhaps, even though it was sold that is the land they created, farmed, gave life to, heritage and pride is a strong emotion down this way
Or they were the black sheep of the family and left to hear the rumble of airplanes forever.

I wonder why the family didn't want to move those four?
The article said the family felt the original patriarch to the land would not want to be moved off of it.
The article also mentioned sometimes they’re seen near the graves. I wonder if it’s really their ghosts.
I enjoyed reading this. It was the first I’d ever heard of this.

Reactions: Paulm
Every time they leave flowers, they get blown a half mile away. Vases too.

The article said the family felt the original patriarch to the land would not want to be moved off of it.
The article also mentioned sometimes they’re seen near the graves. I wonder if it’s really their ghosts.
I enjoyed reading this. It was the first I’d ever heard of this.
Thats what i figured it would be...lol..... doh (homer simpson moment) , guess i should have read past the headline, lol... but you see that a lot down here with family plots on the family lands

Reactions: Lynne