12-8-2021 Wednesday Live Chat

Morning all.
Hi Titch. Love the Christmas avatar

6979-Titch-Christmas avatar.jpg

Good morning!

Wednesday already. Last night I had to ask my wife if it was Monday or Tuesday. This year is evaporating far too quickly.
I am long done with holiday shopping. Now I have to talk myself into getting them wrapped, a few shipped.

I just found out that we are recording not one, not two, but three podcasts tomorrow night, to carry us through the remainder of the holidays. Will be recording for at least four hours tomorrow night, Friday morning is going to be interesting. The podcasts sort-of make up for the current lack of investigations. We missed a half dozen this fall due to my wife's medical episode, the entire "busy season". Halloween didn't really happen this year for us. I think the blur that was October and November only adds to the feeling that the year has flown-by. We are less than two weeks from the shortest day of the year in the northern hemisphere, the days start lengthening just a few days after that. About two weeks after New Year's Day, we will begin noticing the lengthening days. Spring will be here soon, I expect the seed catalogs to start appearing in the mail with the New Year. I didn't get the garden put to bed properly this year, again because I spent the entire autumn in hospitals and clinics. So it's going to be a mess in the spring. Every year I tell myself that I'm done planting a vegetable garden, and every year I keep planting it. Still getting a mental benefit from it even though it takes a big physical toll now.

I just made a huge mess of my FB page, trying to reorganize things, discovered that FB is not built to facilitate changes, and lost everything I had spent the last six months or so building. I won't have the time to put it all back and don't have the heart to go through it again anyway, so maybe it was for the best and I should just leave it bare-bones. Not much interest in my stupid little life anyway and hardly any relatives so no big deal. I'll keep the GWU page up as best as I can, fortunately I discovered my mistakes before I tried to clean up that page.

Well have a great day, my friends. I am going to try and get through mine as best as I can, and enjoy the quiet time while I can.