12-5-2021 Sunday Live Chat

Wolf, I make something called Gravy Steak in the Crockpot that is delicious. Chuck steak or any other kind of cheaper steak cut, 2 cans mushroom soup, 1 can beef broth, 1 packet onion soup mix. In the crockpot about 8 hours. You can thicken the gravy if needed with a bit of flour if needed *mixed with water and pour in slowly* at the end. You can do that with a roast as well. My crockpot is the bigger size, so if you have a small crockpot, cut the soup mixture in half.

I might look into that. This is what I found I want to make - Cubed Steak with Onion Gravy
That's very similar! You can also dredge and brown off the steak in my recipe the same way and the gravy comes out thick without having to thicken. I'm just lazy! Oh, I also use some garlic salt in that as well. That's so automatic for me I forgot to add that in.

Reactions: Lone Wolf
That's very similar! You can also dredge and brown off the steak in my recipe the same way and the gravy comes out thick without having to thicken. I'm just lazy! Oh, I also use some garlic salt in that as well. That's so automatic for me I forgot to add that in.
At the moment, I'm stuffed so I have plenty of time to browse recipes and gather more ideas. My brother treated us to donuts from a shop this morning and I had six. I was starving but it hit the spot.

• Love it
Reactions: Paintman
At the moment, I'm stuffed so I have plenty of time to browse recipes and gather more ideas. My brother treated us to donuts from a shop this morning and I had six. I was starving but it hit the spot.
You are my hero! Anybody that can consume 6 donuts makes me feel better about my record of 3! lol

Reactions: garnetsilver
I'm surprised I did with everything I had yesterday. But I was still famished.
My son, who is 6'4" and 220#, can pack away like that when he hits that famished thing. You two are in the same age group, me thinks. He just suddenly feels "empty" and that's when food disappears from the kitchen at a rapid rate! lol Other days he eats normally. I've always said that when you hit that "hungry" type of wall your body is looking for some nutrients it's missing. I added vitamins to his daily routine. Seems to have helped...lol Grocery bill has stabilized. ;)

He just suddenly feels "empty" and that's when food disappears from the kitchen at a rapid rate! lol Other days he eats normally.
I've had days like that myself. Today wasn't any exception. Then again, I'm only eating twice a day or snacking and eating a big meal just once a day later in the afternoon or early evening.

I've had days like that myself. Today wasn't any exception. Then again, I'm only eating twice a day or snacking and eating a big meal just once a day later in the afternoon or early evening.
Sounds just like my kid. lol

Reactions: Paintman
Sounds just like my kid. lol
Well, I'm a workaholic. I don't really have to bust my tail unless I'm behind, but I often won't stop for a full meal when I'm working. I used to stop in for lunch at least once a week when I did, but I haven't lately.