12-30-2022 Friday Live Chat

NOW it's Friday morning in my neck of the woods.

Have a great day, my friends! I am hoping to sleep-in until at least nine, so will catch up later!
My neck and shoulder pain has been dialed-back for the last 2 nights, hoping for another.

Nobody ever told us what a wonderful thing it would be, one day when we are old, to sleep more than 4 hours straight. Either pain, or a full bladder are almost always waiting for us every night, lol. 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep is a God-send.

If there was candy in the house with four kids, it didn't last long. This prompted my Dad to try to find candy we didn't like so there would be some for him. The result was Chuckles (and jelly candies in general) and circus peanuts. It worked as none of us would eat either of them.

A variation on this question might make a good daily question:

What was/is your favorite non-chocolate/non-candy bar candy?

Hiya !
Utah, 38° outside. Firewood needs chopping. It's one of my favorite things to do, but the humidity is off the charts and the arthritis is all kicked up.

Cool story. And it relates to chopping wood !
I went to my training partners wedding in Boston one year. Kev married well and the family was extremely wealthy. Like he commutes to New York in a helicopter..

Anyway the family knew that a couple of us were really into history, college kids,and they put us up in a hotel where George Washington actually slept. We had a little free time one morning and I asked the maid if I could borrow her car. I wanted to see some of the historical sites and she said yes ! Really cool Volkswagen! Anyway she got a full tank of gas and a kiss on the cheek. Probably the only reason she trusted me with her car was we were about the same age and I didn't look too shady.

So what do you do when you were in Sudbury Massachusetts with all of that wonderful history ?

You visit Babe Ruth's house.

There was an old man that I met there. He used to be the neighborhood kid when Babe Ruth lived there. Remember all of those newsreel footage of Babe Ruth chopping wood in the big wool sweater; and getting in shape for the coming season ? The Babe was in Florida drinking and playing golf and other things. The old/young man was the guy that chopped all the wood. He said he was the caretaker of the historical site.

Another fun fact is our family doctor had a sister who was Babe Ruth's piano teacher. He would come to Chicago and do his piano lessons with her. But that could be code....