12-26-2022 Monday Live Chat

Oh boy...I have another story of the day...sigh. Hubs had one little bag of empty plastic coke bottles. There is snow and Ice on the porch. The normal routine is to simply set it by the door and the kid takes it out. Nooooo, not today! In his slicky slip slippers he goes out and lands on his knees when he slips. All I hear is a "MOM!!!!! Damn it, dad! What are you thinking" and I'm off running to the front door. OK, so luckily only his pride was damaged, but his ears are still ringing from me reminding him he's 73 and an accident waiting to happen.

I have now opened the wine. Sangria.

On Saturday one of our cats was playing with a cat toy. This is typical, she runs around, throwing them in the air so she can pounce on it; repeat until she tires herself out. Except this particular toy wasn't making the right noises. Some toys squeak, some crakle or jingle, one actually has lights that flash on and off. This toy however didn't do any of that, when it hit the ground it just made a dull, wet thud. It was in fact a deceased mouse, we don't know when she got a hold of it but she had been playing with various toys all day. We disposed of it out side and the cat was very upset that we had taken her prize. She sulked the rest of the day.

On Saturday one of our cats was playing with a cat toy. This is typical, she runs around, throwing them in the air so she can pounce on it; repeat until she tires herself out. Except this particular toy wasn't making the right noises. Some toys squeak, some crakle or jingle, one actually has lights that flash on and off. This toy however didn't do any of that, when it hit the ground it just made a dull, wet thud. It was in fact a deceased mouse, we don't know when she got a hold of it but she had been playing with various toys all day. We disposed of it out side and the cat was very upset that we had taken her prize. She sulked the rest of the day.
I would be happy to do disposal duties! Can I borrow your cat??? lol

Sophie has a little squeak toy and on one of my mouse hunts last night with my flashlight I stepped on that thing and scared myself half to death...lol

My 17 yr. old Grandson is now working part-time as a goldsmith apprentice. The company he works for allowed him to work on some copper (from his other late grandfather) for his mom's Christmas present. I was blown away with his handcrafted cardinal necklace with a jeweled eye. Sorry...Nana braggin' rights.

321979544_487491106842433_5142833031559658122_n.jpg

My 17 yr. old Grandson is now working part-time as a goldsmith apprentice. The company he works for allowed him to work on some copper (from his other late grandfather) for his mom's Christmas present. I was blown away with his handcrafted cardinal necklace with a jeweled eye. Sorry...Nana braggin' rights.

View attachment 44865
Wow he did an amazing job. Totally an artist.

Good evening all. I am presently waiting to be called for a table at our local restaurant. Thought I’d drop in to say hi. The holiday has kept me busy. Christmas went well but both parents are sick with a cold.

Debi I have mouse issues too. Happens every winter. I had one run across the back of my sink counter and I lost it. We have been trapping them. I think we got the crew that found its way in. Haven’t had one caught in two days. Oh the joys of country living. I hate using snap traps but when they come in, it’s war.

Oh boy...I have another story of the day...sigh. Hubs had one little bag of empty plastic coke bottles. There is snow and Ice on the porch. The normal routine is to simply set it by the door and the kid takes it out. Nooooo, not today! In his slicky slip slippers he goes out and lands on his knees when he slips. All I hear is a "MOM!!!!! Damn it, dad! What are you thinking" and I'm off running to the front door. OK, so luckily only his pride was damaged, but his ears are still ringing from me reminding him he's 73 and an accident waiting to happen.

I have now opened the wine. Sangria.
Omg the man is in need of bubble wrap. I am so glad he is ok. It’s too cold for him to even think of opening the door.

Hi everyone! Hope the Man with the Bag gave you all what you wanted, or at least what you deserved. ;)

I slept very well thanks to 2 Lidocane patches, 800 mg iboprofen, and a muscle-relaxant.

But after lunch I had to unclog the sink in the master bathroom. I ended up having to resort to a 25-ft snake, AND a gallon of industrial strength hair disolver. But it drains perfectly again. I finished right before supper. Neck and shoulder aren't doing too badly.
Going to replace the kitchen sink faucet in a few days, that one will twist me up a bit more. But I am off work all week.

Hey, it's Boxing Day, isn't it? Also my brother's birthday.

Hi everyone! Hope the Man with the Bag gave you all what you wanted, or at least what you deserved. ;)

I slept very well thanks to 2 Lidocane patches, 800 mg iboprofen, and a muscle-relaxant.

But after lunch I had to unclog the sink in the master bathroom. I ended up having to resort to a 25-ft snake, AND a gallon of industrial strength hair disolver. But it drains perfectly again. I finished right before supper. Neck and shoulder aren't doing too badly.
Going to replace the kitchen sink faucet in a few days, that one will twist me up a bit more. But I am off work all week.

Hey, it's Boxing Day, isn't it? Also my brother's birthday.
Happy Birthday to brother, and a week off means making sure you get to relax a bit! Hope you're fitting that in between the plumbing!