12-26-2022 Monday Live Chat

7yTdxjiAe5QX.jpeg
Going to work out this math
Hiya !
20° today. And maybe some lake effect snow. The deal with lake effect is one town could potentially get 18 in to 2 ft of snow in an hour. And there's no predicting where or when ......

Okie dokie.
There are a ton of variables.
Walking an average golf course measures out to four miles if you hit the ball perfectly straight every time. This doesn't count walking off the green to the next tee . Sometimes that can be a real hike .
Reality is 5.5 miles -ish.

900 miles ÷ 5.5 = 163.6 18 hole rounds. Or one round every 2.23 days. That is doable in most climates.

But just because it's doable it's also kind of insane. An average golfer will play 60 rounds a year. 1/3 regularly walk ( but that is a worldwide figure.) Most of the world walks and most Americans drive a cart. US courses are usually on larger properties (playing similar distances) You are going to have a longer walk between holes. 163 rounds / yr. ='s fanatic.

Walking 18 holes can burn 2,000 to 3,000 calories over a 4-Hour period !

Hey, it's just a meme but it is possible if you are in shape and retired and live in a warm climate. Anybody north of the Ohio River should play almost every nice day to get those numbers.

Reactions: Paulm and Selectric
good morning everyone, it has climbed back into the forties today, followed by 60'ish for the remainder of the week and then back into the 70's next monday..., our city main line did burst yesterday, so currently we (entire block) have no water.....uhg.... thanks to critters suggestion, i did fill up a few 5 gallon coolers before the storm hit. (plus i have a fairly good sized pond to draw water from for flushing purposes if needed)....everyone have a great day, hope you are all having a warm up as well.......

Another late hello today! So! Let me tell you about my night!

I begin by prefacing that after being mouse free for months, the cold has sent in a few looking for warmth as of yesterday's first sighting. I put out our normal "remedy" and went to bed..about 1:30 AM. At three, we had the little dog, Sophie, wildly barking and charging my nightstand. When not barking, she was trying to get behind it. She may be a shih tzu but I'm pretty sure she's also part cat. That's how the chase began. There was grrrring and barking and fit throwing until 5. I'm assuming the mouse took a trip to the kitchen and out of the bedroom by the path the pup was on at the end of this. I spent part of the morning setting up more traps.

I need a good mouser. And a nap later.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Another late hello today! So! Let me tell you about my night!

I begin by prefacing that after being mouse free for months, the cold has sent in a few looking for warmth as of yesterday's first sighting. I put out our normal "remedy" and went to bed..about 1:30 AM. At three, we had the little dog, Sophie, wildly barking and charging my nightstand. When not barking, she was trying to get behind it. She may be a shih tzu but I'm pretty sure she's also part cat. That's how the chase began. There was grrrring and barking and fit throwing until 5. I'm assuming the mouse took a trip to the kitchen and out of the bedroom by the path the pup was on at the end of this. I spent part of the morning setting up more traps.

I need a good mouser. And a nap later.
I feel for you, Debi! I don't like knowing that there is something very small scurrying around the house. I wish you could have a cat! That mouse would have been history if Sheena was there.

Reactions: Paulm
I feel for you, Debi! I don't like knowing that there is something very small scurrying around the house. I wish you could have a cat! That mouse would have been history if Sheena was there.
I once again have proposed our "honest need" for a cat....lol The bulldog is getting slower...I think a cat could outrun her easy. ;)

Reactions: garnetsilver