12-24-2022 Saturday Christmas Eve Live Chat

321718705_1540903006336229_1885009545660356461_n.jpg

One of the best Christmas songs of modern times in my opinion. Good morning, everyone. We really got hit hard with the wind and sever cold here in Michigan. I spent a lot of time outdoors trying to take care of the animals. I was too tired to come online. Hope you are all having a good Christmas weekend. I am spending tomorrow with my parents. I hope my mom is ok. They lost power last night and she was already sick with a cold. Dad kept a fire going but it didn't heat the house much in this cold and they have high ceilings. She didn't sound good this morning, keep her in your prayers, I don't want to spend Christmas in the hospital.
Glad to read you,Lynne! I was worried. Prayers going up for you and your family.

I'm also happy to report the car started even though it hadn't been started in 3 days! YAY!
After three hours of shoveling, I got one side of the drive way (including 4 ft drifts) clear enough to get a car out onto the street. The streets were really grim, even the main thoroughfares. From what I'm hearing, even the highways (I-75, I-70, and I-71) around us are, at best, passable.

The good news was while I was out I stopped at a local Chinese restaurant and got two huge containers of soup (eggdrop for the wife, hot & sour for me) as a surprise for Mrs Duke. She's always cold, so she was quite pleased with the soup.

After seeing the roads, I've decided to not attend Mass this evening. I'll be watching Midnight Mass from the Our Lady of Knock Shrine in Ireland at 7pm local time.

what a beautiful day it has been, sun shining bright, birds singing, sure, its only 17 degrees, but hey, it has still been quite beautiful outside even if for just short bursts out around the yard

After three hours of shoveling, I got one side of the drive way (including 4 ft drifts) clear enough to get a car out onto the street. The streets were really grim, even the main thoroughfares. From what I'm hearing, even the highways (I-75, I-70, and I-71) around us are, at best, passable.

The good news was while I was out I stopped at a local Chinese restaurant and got two huge containers of soup (eggdrop for the wife, hot & sour for me) as a surprise for Mrs Duke. She's always cold, so she was quite pleased with the soup.

After seeing the roads, I've decided to not attend Mass this evening. I'll be watching Midnight Mass from the Our Lady of Knock Shrine in Ireland at 7pm local time.
Save me a seat. I shall be there as well.

Reactions: garnetsilver