12-24-2022 Saturday Christmas Eve Live Chat

One of the best Christmas songs of modern times in my opinion. Good morning, everyone. We really got hit hard with the wind and sever cold here in Michigan. I spent a lot of time outdoors trying to take care of the animals. I was too tired to come online. Hope you are all having a good Christmas weekend. I am spending tomorrow with my parents. I hope my mom is ok. They lost power last night and she was already sick with a cold. Dad kept a fire going but it didn't heat the house much in this cold and they have high ceilings. She didn't sound good this morning, keep her in your prayers, I don't want to spend Christmas in the hospital.

One of the best Christmas songs of modern times in my opinion. Good morning, everyone. We really got hit hard with the wind and sever cold here in Michigan. I spent a lot of time outdoors trying to take care of the animals. I was too tired to come online. Hope you are all having a good Christmas weekend. I am spending tomorrow with my parents. I hope my mom is ok. They lost power last night and she was already sick with a cold. Dad kept a fire going but it didn't heat the house much in this cold and they have high ceilings. She didn't sound good this morning, keep her in your prayers, I don't want to spend Christmas in the hospital.
Got her in prayer, Lynne. Hope they get the power on soon for them! Is her breathing OK? Does she have emergency tanks for 02?

Reactions: Paintman
Currently still without power and the house is 62 degrees. Warmer than outside… lol

Going to grab some wood and fire up my smoker for cooking later today if the electricity is unreliable.
The power came back online after an hour of being down.
They sent out this email just now:

Dear members:

In all likelihood, you experienced an outage this morning, as TVA imposed upon MTE requirements to interrupt power on a rotational basis across our system. For the first time in its history, TVA did not have sufficient capacity, so it imposed these curtailment requirements upon all 153 local power companies in the Valley. TVA reported that some of its vital generation resources were down, and they were not able to bring these resources online in time to help with the record system peak.

This was unprecedented action, and while we did our best to hold outages to 15 minutes, some of our communications networks did not respond as programmed, requiring manual restoration. That made some outages longer than intended.

MTE prides itself on power reliability, so this was a frustrating day for us, and I am sure it was for you. We are sorry for the inconveniences this created, and we will be pushing TVA to see that this is both the first and the last time rolling blackouts are required in the Valley.

Dear members:

In all likelihood, you experienced an outage this morning, as TVA imposed upon MTE requirements to interrupt power on a rotational basis across our system. For the first time in its history, TVA did not have sufficient capacity, so it imposed these curtailment requirements upon all 153 local power companies in the Valley. TVA reported that some of its vital generation resources were down, and they were not able to bring these resources online in time to help with the record system peak.

This was unprecedented action, and while we did our best to hold outages to 15 minutes, some of our communications networks did not respond as programmed, requiring manual restoration. That made some outages longer than intended.

MTE prides itself on power reliability, so this was a frustrating day for us, and I am sure it was for you. We are sorry for the inconveniences this created, and we will be pushing TVA to see that this is both the first and the last time rolling blackouts are required in the Valley.
I posted yesterday they were talking about rolling blackouts in TN. Glad you got your power back!
So far I have been blessed and we still have power.

Reactions: garnetsilver

Dear members:

Just read the Carolinas are having the same thing.

Not good... There are currently no emergency services available for numerous towns and villages, including the City of Buffalo, New York! This is because two-thirds of police, fire, and EMT vehicles in Erie County is stuck in snow or otherwise immobilized

320433720_683606393264987_3476070629935018342_n.jpg

They are putting out a plea to people with snowmobiles to help get people to safety in New York.

"We have a very dire situation, hundreds stuck in vehicles across Erie County in New York" - Erie County Executive

Reactions: Paulm