12-19-2022 Monday Live Chat

FYI - I didn't actually do this.
z-the-funny-pics-90.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's story of the day! My son picked our meds at Kroger today. I only have 3 scripts left there because I've had so much trouble with that pharmacy all new ones go to CVS now. They always staple the bag shut with the receipt and med info on the outside so no one can tamper.

Son gets home, bag is intact. I open it and along with the 3 meds, there sits an unlabeled tube of liquid amphetamine they use for adult ADHD in its unopened cellophane wrapper. This, my friends, is what you call a BIG med error. So I call the pharmacist, who says ummm....can't be anything we did cuz our count is right. Excuse me? It took all the restraint I had not to yell at her. I calmly explained that just because her count is right doesn't mean the med made it into the proper order. Her answer? Keep it and throw it away. We can't take it back if it's not ours.

One hour later...oops.
Somebody was missing part of their med order. I had already destroyed it per her orders. This is our medical system at work and I bet this never gets reported as a med error.