12-16-2022 Friday Live Chat

319179001_685465162946229_2477891604031417766_n.jpg
We dodged a snow storm yesterday. It rained all day , heavy at times, and stayed just above freezing.

Welcome to the weekend and good morning, all. I had a crazy day yesterday. I came home so tired; I went straight to bed with my book and quickly fell asleep. Our old truck (2008) finally gave up the ghost. We had sunk a lot into her over the years in hopes of stretching its life out as much as possible. Well, that dream died yesterday with the news that the engine is just dead, and repairs were running into way more than it was worth. So, we spent yesterday looking for a replacement. We didn't want to buy new and have a huge payment going into retirement, but we need a truck to pull the horse trailer a few times a year. After a lot of driving and looking we found one. It looks great but had a lot of miles. It however appears to be in excellent running condition, and we have its history and car facts. So, for what we consider a super good price we now have a replacement. I seriously hope there are no major surprises with it. I know buying an older used vehicle there are bound to be repairs in the future, hopefully they will be tolerable, and this will fill our needs for the time being. I hope you all had a less hectic day. Today is gray and damp here and has been for a week, its getting a little depressing. I miss summer and the sun. Paul I am so jealous, you live in such a beautiful state. Have a good weekend everyone.

Hi gang !
Well I had a power outage last night that lasted for a couple hours. We had rain turning to snow all day and it really messed up the power. I saw the map of the outages and all of northern Indiana was more likely without power than having it.
But I got to hand it to the power utility because they got this mess cleaned up pretty quick.

No wrapping paper for me. People may get the impression I am insane or have a the fine motor skills of Frankenstein.

Going to stay home today and clean.
Have a great day everyone !