11-27-2022 Sunday Live Chat

rsz_cat.jpg

Sunday already!

As predicted, today I am throwing away all the uneaten Thanksgiving leftovers. Such a waste.

As God is my judge, I swear that I am NOT cooking Thanksgiving dinner EVER again. After over 40 years of being the cook, I'm DONE. Somebody else in this family can do it, or they can do without. If that makes me an a-hole, then I'm an a-hole. Pass the Tucks.

Had a good investigation last night, training two newbies. It was just the three of us because all of my helpers cancelled at the last minute. But smaller groups are good, you tend to get more evidence. Both had a great time and are eager to do it again. Mission accomplished.

Now to try and get caught up around here. Mrs. GW has been sick for weeks and been unable to do anything but call attention to my deficits, lol. I no longer feel that my gradual hearing loss is going to be a handicap in my dotage.

Have a great day, my friends!

I remember the most wasteful Thanksgiving was the one after my divorce. To comfort myself, I prepared a huge turkey with all the fixings, plus two desserts. There I was all alone except for a two year old in a high chair who couldn't eat any of it. It was depressing.

Sunday already!

As predicted, today I am throwing away all the uneaten Thanksgiving leftovers. Such a waste.

As God is my judge, I swear that I am NOT cooking Thanksgiving dinner EVER again. After over 40 years of being the cook, I'm DONE. Somebody else in this family can do it, or they can do without. If that makes me an a-hole, then I'm an a-hole. Pass the Tucks.

Had a good investigation last night, training two newbies. It was just the three of us because all of my helpers cancelled at the last minute. But smaller groups are good, you tend to get more evidence. Both had a great time and are eager to do it again. Mission accomplished.

Now to try and get caught up around here. Mrs. GW has been sick for weeks and been unable to do anything but call attention to my deficits, lol. I no longer feel that my gradual hearing loss is going to be a handicap in my dotage.

Have a great day, my friends!
Not sure whether to laugh or cry at that report! Read your line to my husband about hearing loss (twice because he can't hear) and he said to tell ya it is a great advantage in many cases!

I remember the most wasteful Thanksgiving was the one after my divorce. To comfort myself, I prepared a huge turkey with all the fixings, plus two desserts. There I was all alone except for a two year old in a high chair who couldn't eat any of it. It was depressing.
That's terrible Garnet :( Had i known you back then i would've celebrated turkey day with ya :) My one crappy Thanksgiving was the only one i ever missed with family. I was so sick i couldn't get off the couch wrapped up like a mummy lol. My sister grabbed me a few plates and brought them to my house. The second i answered door, she handed me the food and think she ran to the car rofl. I looked awful apparently.

That's terrible Garnet :( Had i known you back then i would've celebrated turkey day with ya :) My one crappy Thanksgiving was the only one i ever missed with family. I was so sick i couldn't get off the couch wrapped up like a mummy lol. My sister grabbed me a few plates and brought them to my house. The second i answered door, she handed me the food and think she ran to the car rofl. I looked awful apparently.
My worst was allowing my husband to defrost the turkey his (wrong) way cuz I was working a double. Food poisoning for the entire family followed. There were not enough bathrooms in the house to cover a family of 5 that ill!

Boy, lie down for a minute to rest your eyes and suddenly it's 2 hours later....does that qualify as time travel?

Reactions: garnetsilver
OK! Some paranormal news has returned! Pickings were really in short supply for the holiday week, but got the board loaded with some new stuff! Let's hear from you!