11-24-2022 Thursday Live Chat

We just had pulled ham, bacon-wrapped broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken thighs, sweet potato casserole, scalloped potatoes and a variety of other things for Thanksgiving dinner. Very Good, I had the smoke going all day yesterday.

We just had pulled ham, bacon-wrapped broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken thighs, sweet potato casserole, scalloped potatoes and a variety of other things for Thanksgiving dinner. Very Good, I had the smoke going all day yesterday.
Wow! What a great menu! We're doing the "standard" fair here but making it as simple as possible, right down to the Bob Evan's mashed potatoes! With all we've had going on here lately, it was the best answer for our cooking needs.

Wow! What a great menu! We're doing the "standard" fair here but making it as simple as possible, right down to the Bob Evan's mashed potatoes! With all we've had going on here lately, it was the best answer for our cooking needs.
Nothing wrong with easy. I have the smoker going almost every weekend, so it wasn't a big change for us.

Reactions: Selectric and Debi
I'm not really looking, but this would be a good opportunity. It's for a fiber optic line in Illinois.
Let me tell you a story about a fiber optic line! lol The state closed a small bridge on a main road, supposedly for two months for repairs, on June 1. Due to a "problem" in moving fiber optic lines, they just got the dang thing reopened yesterday. A "minor" 4 month delay. I think everybody in the nearest town was holding a party yesterday...lol

Let me tell you a story about a fiber optic line! lol The state closed a small bridge on a main road, supposedly for two months for repairs, on June 1. Due to a "problem" in moving fiber optic lines, they just got the dang thing reopened yesterday. A "minor" 4 month delay. I think everybody in the nearest town was holding a party yesterday...lol
I bet. I think a lot of rural communities are about to see fiber optic lines here in the near future, as part of how the government is spending tax money. Good internet into rural areas is badly needed.

I bet. I think a lot of rural communities are about to see fiber optic lines here in the near future, as part of how the government is spending tax money. Good internet into rural areas is badly needed.
Tell me about it...ugh. Hoping that our local electric coop gets our portion of it done soon! Can't wait to switch from what I now call internet. They got one of the grants but are working on it by zones. We, of course, are the last zone in process.

We finally got decent internet here at home, LTE service through Verizon. Regular internet is not available here. Before that we were going off of an ATT hotspot, suing a cell phone booster, since there is poor cell phone service here, too.

Reactions: Selectric and Debi
Got to run, Bob, and hit the kitchen. Much love to you guys and hope to see you again soon! Keep those pics coming!

Reactions: Selectric and T-Bob