11-24-2018 Saturday Live Chat Thread

The favorite here is the peanut butter kiss cookie. I make at least 12 dozen of these every year.

upload_2018-11-24_14-21-6.jpeg

Kolochy (recipe in food area) is the other one that is mandatory here from a heritage view.

No cookies???? OMG...Tony! It's like mandatory here! People even exchange cookies here as gifts.

We would call cookies biscuits here but I've never heard of anyone I know baking any variety.

Kolochy I remember reading in the food area, look amazing

I can remember when my grandmother, mom and I would spend an entire weekend doing nothing but cookies for Christmas. We'd make 6 dozen each of 12 different kinds We'd freeze them and bring them out in batches over the season. That oven was on for two days straight.

Reactions: TonyM
I can remember when my grandmother, mom and I would spend an entire weekend doing nothing but cookies for Christmas. We'd make 6 dozen of 12 different kinds We'd freeze them and bring them out in batches over the season. That oven was on for two days straight.

Wow that's dedication. More traditional here to buy party sized tins of assorted biscuits

And we'd make a poppyseed cake. Haven't done that in several years because once again no one will eat it but me.
Wow that's dedication. More traditional here to buy party sized tins of assorted biscuits
Just not the same as homemade. Homemade cookies have love in them! :)

And we'd make a poppyseed cake. Haven't done that in several years because once again no one will eat it but me.

Just not the same as homemade. Homemade cookies have love in them! :)

I'm absolutely sure they have :)

Yet another thing I'm missing out on, can never figure out what to do with the empty biscuit tins though

Reactions: Debi
what to do with the empty biscuit tins though
LOL I would have no idea either. Although if I give it some thought, I might be able to come up with a few ideas on those. lol Give me a few....I'll have suggestions by the evening. ;)

LOL I would have no idea either. Although if I give it some thought, I might be able to come up with a few ideas on those. lol Give me a few....I'll have suggestions by the evening. ;)

Made a good drum when I was a toddler I actually have memories of that when I was still in a pram and a high chair

Reactions: Debi