11-24-2018 Saturday Live Chat Thread

Took my first trip/fall with my 02 tubing last night. I'm fine but I'm gonna have to go to confession for the words that came outta my mouth when it happened...:oops: Got snagged up in it but landed on the ramp we have for the dogs to access the bed. Short trip down. Was not graceful. lol

wow, gotta be careful with that. Probably woulda made a good YouTube moment though :p

wow, gotta be careful with that. Probably woulda made a good YouTube moment though :p
LOL It would have! As I'm not one who spouts that language often, my husband sat up in dismay thinking the end had come. lol I've been really careful with it, but at 4 in the morning I did not see the loop in the path and down I went. I've been wrangling tubing for years, mainly for others with it but I know the system to correct usage. My own fault for not pulling in excess tubing before sleeping. You can bet I won't do that again.

Meanwhile, supper is once again TURKEY tonight. And I'm not that fond of it! Ugh....I still have a ton of it to go.

Reactions: TonyM
LOL It would have! As I'm not one who spouts that language often, my husband sat up in dismay thinking the end had come. lol I've been really careful with it, but at 4 in the morning I did not see the loop in the path and down I went. I've been wrangling tubing for years, mainly for others with it but I know the system to correct usage. My own fault for not pulling in excess tubing before sleeping. You can bet I won't do that again.

Meanwhile, supper is once again TURKEY tonight. And I'm not that fond of it! Ugh....I still have a ton of it to go.

I'm not fond of turkey either and haven't had it at Christmas for years. The last time I actually cooked a Christmas dinner I had goose which is way better although very expensive. I'll probably make a stew for myself this Christmas

I'm not fond of turkey either and haven't had it at Christmas for years. The last time I actually cooked a Christmas dinner I had goose which is way better although very expensive. I'll probably make a stew for myself this Christmas
Goose or duck! YES! No one else here likes it but it's my favorite! My dad used to go duck hunting and would bring our suppers home. We had to spit buckshot a bit but boy it was good!

Reactions: 7Critter and TonyM
Goose or duck! YES! No one else here likes it but it's my favorite! My dad used to go duck hunting and would bring our suppers home. We had to spit buckshot a bit but boy it was good!

Oh aye duck is a real favourite of mine too. The local supermarket stocks duck but it's not popular so it gets marked down near its use by date and that's when I get it

Reactions: Debi
It's actually not easy to find around here. You have to go to an upscale grocery to find one. And even then it's not easy. Very pricey here.

I'm going to do a traditional ham, potatoes and brussel sprouts this year for Christmas. Less cooking involved. I like to cook but not for days on one meal like Thanksgiving is.

It's actually not easy to find around here. You have to go to an upscale grocery to find one. And even then it's not easy. Very pricey here.

Every supermarket here stocks it but it's not really popular in the low rent areas where I shop.

Turkey with usual sprouts is trad here, in Ireland both turkey and ham.

Reactions: Debi
Every supermarket here stocks it but it's not really popular in the low rent areas where I shop.

Turkey with usual sprouts is trad here, in Ireland both turkey and ham.
It can be either or here, but I'm going for the ham! Simpler. Besides, I have all sorts of cookies I have to yet bake. If I don't do cookies, it's like Santa missed us. The guys would feel deprived.

It can be either or here, but I'm going for the ham! Simpler. Besides, I have all sorts of cookies I have to yet bake. If I don't do cookies, it's like Santa missed us. The guys would feel deprived.

So few people bake cookies here, cakes sometimes but no cookies