11-19-2021 Friday Live Chat

Good morning Paul, everyone! Finally a more than a moment to read a few posts.

Our compressor is down so I'm out of business for the day, at least until it's fixed and afternoon is the earliest the maintenance guy will predict. I took the opportunity to clean-up and put some things away that have been sitting in a staging area too long. So now I'm back in twiddle-my-thumbs mode. I'll give it another hour then head for home and try to figure out how to cram two days into one on Monday. Not that I've never done that before, lol.

Mrs. GW got a good bill of health from her neurosurgeon yesterday, she is cleared to return to a fairly normal routine, can perform aerobic activities again and move more than just PT dictated. So we'll see what happens. She's still not back 100% upstairs and probably never will be even though the physical fallout was minimal, but she's still with us and smiling so I'll take that as a win.
We found ourselves in rush hour traffic driving across Salt Lake last night on our way home from the Med Center, literally on the other side of the valley with a million people in between us and home. What would have taken 25 minutes in light traffic took nearly 90. You couldn't pay me enough to face that twice daily. No way in hell. My work shift has let me skip rush hour for 35 years and I don't miss it one bit.
I watched an old GA episode last night, Zak had a multi-axis EMF detector pointed the wrong way and proceeded to dramatize a non-event for the next five minutes, lol. I'm amazed nobody caught that. Claiming an entity was a foot in front of him when the probe was aimed at a mirror on a wall a foot to his right. Couldn't stop laughing.

Well the weekend is here, not that it means anything to a caregiver but at least I'll only have one person telling me what to do for two days, lol.

Have a great day everyone!

Reactions: Paulm and Duke
Had a scare! Since I found out about my identity being compromised, I found an international fee in my checking account. As far as I knew, everyone I had done business with in the last couple weeks was in the US. I went crazy, phoning the bank and trying to find out what the fee was for. Turns out that a company I always do business with is international, and I just never realized, because I always dealt thru Paypal. So the fee was legitimate. Whew!

Mrs. GW got a good bill of health from her neurosurgeon yesterday, she is cleared to return to a fairly normal routine, can perform aerobic activities again and move more than just PT dictated.
So good to hear.

Good morning Paul, everyone! Finally a more than a moment to read a few posts.

Our compressor is down so I'm out of business for the day, at least until it's fixed and afternoon is the earliest the maintenance guy will predict. I took the opportunity to clean-up and put some things away that have been sitting in a staging area too long. So now I'm back in twiddle-my-thumbs mode. I'll give it another hour then head for home and try to figure out how to cram two days into one on Monday. Not that I've never done that before, lol.

Mrs. GW got a good bill of health from her neurosurgeon yesterday, she is cleared to return to a fairly normal routine, can perform aerobic activities again and move more than just PT dictated. So we'll see what happens. She's still not back 100% upstairs and probably never will be even though the physical fallout was minimal, but she's still with us and smiling so I'll take that as a win.
We found ourselves in rush hour traffic driving across Salt Lake last night on our way home from the Med Center, literally on the other side of the valley with a million people in between us and home. What would have taken 25 minutes in light traffic took nearly 90. You couldn't pay me enough to face that twice daily. No way in hell. My work shift has let me skip rush hour for 35 years and I don't miss it one bit.
I watched an old GA episode last night, Zak had a multi-axis EMF detector pointed the wrong way and proceeded to dramatize a non-event for the next five minutes, lol. I'm amazed nobody caught that. Claiming an entity was a foot in front of him when the probe was aimed at a mirror on a wall a foot to his right. Couldn't stop laughing.

Well the weekend is here, not that it means anything to a caregiver but at least I'll only have one person telling me what to do for two days, lol.

Have a great day everyone!
I am so glad to hear this, GW! We've been praying for her recovery! :cool:

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
4vmPPrgA.jpeg