10-5-2020 Monday Live Chat

I shall wish you all a good night. May everyone get rested!

tenor.gif

It's tomorrow!

Owl on break !

Last edited:
I'm back home. It was ROUGH but I got that tube pulled out of my chest and got new holes in my arm to do the dialysis through. I HATE hospitals. I swore that I would never go to this one again but it was only for a couple of days for one very specific thing. All would have been fine except they wouldn't let me take my medicine and refused to give me theirs. They changed their mind after I threw a wall-eyed fit and my blood pressure that they would not allow me to take my medicine for went through the roof. They did the same thing to me last time and I ended up in ICU for a week. I assumed that since ALL I was there for was to have the chest catheter removed that they wouldn't try and do it to me again. WRONG!! When I hit 275 over 150 they called a doctor. I guess they gave me my blood pressure medicine but they also slipped me a mickey that knocked me out for 13 hours. My blood pressure which WAS doing really well and stable is back to being all over the place. Today alone I hit 225/115 and 90/40.

According to them, it is hospital rules that you can't take your own medicines BUT If the Doctor doesn't order them to give you a specific medicine they won't let you have it. My medications come from prescriptions from 4 different doctors and they wouldn't let me have any of them. Never again. I was just trying to make it easier on my wife. I should have driven 50 miles to the hospital there like i did last time but I let my doctor talk me into it and I wanted to make it easier on my wife. Also, the bigger hospital will allow you to have one family member that can stay and take care of you. Here they won't even let her past the front door.

They rammed that swab what feels like two feet up my nose twice in each nostril and tested me for COVID and STILL required me to wear that mask even when I was in my room alone. Masks offer YOU no protection from COVID. What they do is if you have it the mask will reduce the chance of you infecting others. They had TWO COVID tests that THEY ran so they knew that I don't have it. The answer that one idiot male nurse gave me was "Well, we have to wear them all the time."

Thank y'all for letting me vent. I just despise bullies and when you add brainless to that it is just more than I can bear. That male nurse made me think of a small town Barney Fife sort of guy. Give him a little authority....

PS: just looked at the clock. I guess that this is tomorrow and not today...4:40AM Nite all!

Reactions: Debi
I'm back home. It was ROUGH but I got that tube pulled out of my chest and got new holes in my arm to do the dialysis through. I HATE hospitals. I swore that I would never go to this one again but it was only for a couple of days for one very specific thing. All would have been fine except they wouldn't let me take my medicine and refused to give me theirs. They changed their mind after I threw a wall-eyed fit and my blood pressure that they would not allow me to take my medicine for went through the roof. They did the same thing to me last time and I ended up in ICU for a week. I assumed that since ALL I was there for was to have the chest catheter removed that they wouldn't try and do it to me again. WRONG!! When I hit 275 over 150 they called a doctor. I guess they gave me my blood pressure medicine but they also slipped me a mickey that knocked me out for 13 hours. My blood pressure which WAS doing really well and stable is back to being all over the place. Today alone I hit 225/115 and 90/40.

According to them, it is hospital rules that you can't take your own medicines BUT If the Doctor doesn't order them to give you a specific medicine they won't let you have it. My medications come from prescriptions from 4 different doctors and they wouldn't let me have any of them. Never again. I was just trying to make it easier on my wife. I should have driven 50 miles to the hospital there like i did last time but I let my doctor talk me into it and I wanted to make it easier on my wife. Also, the bigger hospital will allow you to have one family member that can stay and take care of you. Here they won't even let her past the front door.

They rammed that swab what feels like two feet up my nose twice in each nostril and tested me for COVID and STILL required me to wear that mask even when I was in my room alone. Masks offer YOU no protection from COVID. What they do is if you have it the mask will reduce the chance of you infecting others. They had TWO COVID tests that THEY ran so they knew that I don't have it. The answer that one idiot male nurse gave me was "Well, we have to wear them all the time."

Thank y'all for letting me vent. I just despise bullies and when you add brainless to that it is just more than I can bear. That male nurse made me think of a small town Barney Fife sort of guy. Give him a little authority....

PS: just looked at the clock. I guess that this is tomorrow and not today...4:40AM Nite all!
Glad you're home, Dan! Thanks for letting us know and sorry you had such an "eventful" hospital stay!