10-3-2022 Monday Live Chat

This weekend, I was sitting at a bar waiting for a to go order. A new server I’d not seen previously pops up behind the bar and starts pouring drinks. She tilts and swivels her head quickly as if to throw her hair back out of her eyes and a single ringlet swung out from the opposite side of her head which had a feather woven in with a leather lace. I suddenly got all tingly and thought, “Yes - she is one of my peoples!”

Attachments

• 1664793154178.jpeg
    1664793154178.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 38
Good Monday morning, my friends!

A belated Thank You!

I had a wonderful birthday this year, in stark contrast to last year. My wife went to the hospital on my birthday last year with a stroke, starting the worst month of both of our lives. This year, the three people in the world closest to me went out for sushi and we had a great time on Saturday night! My best friend was with us, her birthday is Wednesday so it was really for both of us.
I haven't had much online time for nearly a week, have ignored FB due to lack of energy from my thyroid. Still awaiting my radioactive iodine and I am being told now that there are "supply chain issues", apparently a lot of iodine is being shipped to Ukraine right now, with the fear of their nuclear plant going "poof". So I continue to go untreated and must stay off my meds for the duration. Result is some days with zero energy and they are becoming more and more frequent as time drags-on for me, untreated. Hopefully I can check into FB today and welcome some new members to my group.
I was going to work on a hot project at the office yesterday but another department is even later on their portion of the same project, the project manager told me to take the day off. The project manager is also my kayaking partner so we headed for the lake yesterday and conditions were amazing for early October. I had the energy to get through the afternoon, we paddled about 3/4 mile before heading back in for lunch. A perfect afternoon.
Doing reasonably well today though my shoulder kept me up much of the night, a worthwhile tradeoff for the afternoon's activity.
Well, here I go, my friends. Time to earn a living. I hope you all have a wonderful day!