10-24-2021 Sunday Live Chat

Just for the record...as a 40 plus year Hollywood crew member veteran, I am sickened and horrified by what happened on the Alec Baldwin set.Only ONE thing killed that beautiful young woman. Producer GREED. Trying to squeeze every dime out of the crew who give their all,with 13 hour plus days,sometimes ,often 15 plus hours,6 days a week, all in the name of extra sheckles in the producer's pocket. Disgusting.This is not how things worked when I started..and EXACTLY why , working in the movies as a below-the-line [not actors]crew member is akin to being treated like a dog and why film work has lost it's luster for me. This event exposes that.That woman paid with her life. This situation has deeply affected me.May Halyna rest in peace.
I was totally appalled when I read the whole story on this. There had already been two "misfires" of a weapon on set, there was a walk out hours before because of safety, they wouldn't even pay for hotel rooms and after those 13 hour days these people had to drive a round trip of 100 miles a day to get to and from the set. But the biggest thing is the fact Alec ignored the most basic of rules with guns...you never assume it's not loaded and you NEVER point it at someone. Period. What a horrible tragedy, and I, for one, hope the producers get shut down and this movie never gets completed. May they lose their money on it.

my heart bleeds.... if Baldwin was doing something that unsafe, a good armorer [union] would have caught it in a second. The producers pulled that trigger, which, as executive producer, Alec was responsible for everything, top to bottom. This is HUGE and speaks to everything the strike was attempting to highlight and even that was squelched, most likely with $ to make it go away.

Jad, are you getting hit by that heavy storm nailing Northern Ca?

I was totally appalled when I read the whole story on this. There had already been two "misfires" of a weapon on set, there was a walk out hours before because of safety, they wouldn't even pay for hotel rooms and after those 13 hour days these people had to drive a round trip of 100 miles a day to get to and from the set. But the biggest thing is the fact Alec ignored the most basic of rules with guns...you never assume it's not loaded and you NEVER point it at someone. Period. What a horrible tragedy, and I, for one, hope the producers get shut down and this movie never gets completed. May they lose their money on it.
Yet the actors and producers stayed at an incredible hotel that I have stayed at and it VERRRY expensive and in the center of town with beautiful grounds, a fabulous restaurant, a great bar and a SPA.
May the blood of that beautiful woman, remain upon the hands of those responsible, forever. So be it. Pure GREED.Damn them.

I'm really not a fan of Alec Baldwin, however I do give him a bit of a pass for pulling the trigger in this case. As an actor it is part of his job to do and say things that he wouldn't do otherwise. If the script says that a character has to point a gun at another character and pull the trigger then that's what they do. There is a whole team of people who are responsible for making sure that action is safe, and the actor themself is the one bears the absolute least amount of responsibility. The blame here lies on the propmaster or weaponmaster who bears ultimate responsibility for the firearms on set. There is also a lot of blame on Alec Baldwin as the producer of this film along with the director. Hiring the talent and managing the set includes ensuring that the right people are doing the right thing. So while I don't blame Alec Baldwin for pulling the trigger, I do blame him for having a very inexperienced person in charge of firearms safety.

Good evening. Somebody blinked and here we are approaching Monday again! Life is moving too fast.
Now, for those of you already trying to figure out how to outwit your cat with the pending Christmas tree, I offer you this:

247890620_3043032989303399_513321958046472238_n.jpg