10-24-2020 Saturday Live Chat

I had a Boston Terrier and he loved the cat. He would sit and let the cat groom his face. He liked the cat a lot better than he did most dogs. I've had three of the little bulldogs over the years and one and all they were a pleasure and sweet animals. If my health was better I would get another one but they are high-energy animals and need to be played with. The last one loved to play catch and fetch and was a little clown. If you would throw his ball over his head he would do a flip catching it. I think that I am more at a lap cat speed right now and so I guess he came to me at a good time.
I agree that most Bullies are high energy, however, this particular bulldog was rehomed to us from a very nice show breeder who recognized she had some emotional issues. She's very shy, scares easily, and prefers to be a lapdog. We got her about 6 months ago and she just recently turned 5. She didn't do well with the 4 other dogs she has and was always hiding in a corner, sitting in a box, or growling at the other dogs to leave her alone.

Once here with us, she has become my husbands constant bed companion. He is unable to get up and around much, and she just adores him. She has even taught herself to become a bit of a service animal. She wakes me up when his breathing is bad, she will also alert me if he is in trouble in another room, and she "sits guard" on him most of the night. It's like we were blessed with a four pawed guardian angel here. She has her ramp to come up and down from the bed and she's a real hoot when she wants to be.

That cat walked in the house took one look at me and could tell that I was NOT a cat lover...So he jumped in my lap and has been there ever since! I still am not sure how I ended up with the cat being mine. Resistance is futile though, he for whatever reason decided that I was his human and wore me down. It is hilarious. When he decides that it is bedtime he comes to get me and if I won't go to bed he just hops in y lap and sleeps there until I do go to bed. The amazing thing is that I tolerate it!

That cat walked in the house took one look at me and could tell that I was NOT a cat lover...So he jumped in my lap and has been there ever since! I still am not sure how I ended up with the cat being mine. Resistance is futile though, he for whatever reason decided that I was his human and wore me down. It is hilarious. When he decides that it is bedtime he comes to get me and if I won't go to bed he just hops in y lap and sleeps there until I do go to bed. The amazing thing is that I tolerate it!
1603644894388.png

Reactions: garnetsilver