10-24-2020 Saturday Live Chat

About the time that I get going most of the world is going to bed. I seldom sleep at night now that I am not working. Basically, if I have things to do during the day I just skip that day as far as sleeping and then play catch up later. It isn't too odd for me to go 48 to 72 hours between real sleep. Slept today. the last time that I slept for more than a couple of hours was on Wednesday. ??? I am just wired that way and was usually miserable when I had to live on a day shift. Early to bed and early to rise usually meant that I just didn't sleep but once every three days or so.

I currently have my very first cat ever. My Daughters gave him to us and it has been...educational. My Yorkie claimed him immediately as her baby and even started making milk and feeding him. Naturally, since I wasn't all that sure about having a cat he decided that I was HIS human. He tried to make me go to bed and then will just give up and climb up on me and go to sleep. My wife is, according to him, in charge of feeding, watering and opening the door for him while I am supposed to be his lap buddy. When he wants attention he will just climb up my la and lay down on my laptop computer and start to purr. Who can resist that?

The only one that he still treats with respect in the Yorkie. That is his Mama and whether he likes it or not she is going to give him sugar every time he comes into the house in the evening. He is a big cat and weighs over 16 pounds and the Yorkie is tiny and weighs about 5 or 6 pounds but there is no doubt who is the boss. I like critters and have always had them. they are usually like my kids. Jerry the Cat prefers to assume a more authoritative place in our home. He does have dog manners though and goes outside to tend to business. At night he will get up on the bed beside my wife's head and "sing" for her until she gets up and lets him out. That is HER job because I will just stay asleep, pull him to me and try to snuggle. THAT is NOT what he is wanting.

I can't imagine having a lot of cats they are awful bossy and don't always understand that you and not they are in charge. In my house, my wife and Tasha the Yorkie run things and me and the rest of the critters try to just stay out of trouble. My wife and the cat occasionally have a "discussion" about that. The Yorkie allows no debate she is the Mama and will eat him alive if he has bad manners.

About the time that I get going most of the world is going to bed. I seldom sleep at night now that I am not working. Basically, if I have things to do during the day I just skip that day as far as sleeping and then play catch up later. It isn't too odd for me to go 48 to 72 hours between real sleep. Slept today. the last time that I slept for more than a couple of hours was on Wednesday. ??? I am just wired that way and was usually miserable when I had to live on a day shift. Early to bed and early to rise usually meant that I just didn't sleep but once every three days or so.

I currently have my very first cat ever. My Daughters gav him to us and it has been...educational. My yorkie claimed him immediatly as her baby and even started making milk and feeding him. Naturally, since I wasn't all that sure about having a cat he decided that I was HIS human. He tried to make me go to bed and then will just give up and climb up on me and go to sleep. My wife is, according to him, in charge of feediing, watering and opening thr door for himwhile I am suposed to be his lap buddy. When he wants attention he will just climb up my la and lay down on my laptop computer and start to purr. Who can resist that?

The only one that he still treats with respect in the Yorkie. tht is his Mama and whether he likesit or not she is going to give him sugar every time he comes in the house in the evening. He is a big cat and weighs over 16 pounds and the yorkie is tiny and weighs about 5 or 6 pounds but tehre is no doubt who is the boss. I like critters and have always had them. they are usually like my kids. Jerry the Cat prefers to asume a more athoritave place in our home. He does have dog manners though and goes outside to tend to business. At night he will get up on the bed beside my wifes head and "sing" for her until she gets up and lets him out. That is HER job because I will just stay asleep, pull him to me and try to snuggle. THAT is NOT what he is wanting.

I can't imagine having a lot of cats they are awful bossy and don't always understand that you and not they are in charge. In my house my wife and Tasha the Yorkie run things and me and the rest of the critters try to just stay out of trouble. My wife and the cat ocassionally have a "discussion" about that. The Yorkie allows no debate she is the Mama and will eat him alive if he has bad manners.
Welcome to the wonderful world of cats, Dan! lol I love that the Yorkie has taken over!

Reactions: garnetsilver
Welcome to the wonderful world of cats, Dan! lol I love that the Yorkie has taken over!
When the little sweet Yorkie is displeased with her son the cat she can look a LOT like my current avatar and he hunts someplace high to hide!!!

1603594000958.png

When the little sweet Yorkie is displeased with her son the cat she can look a LOT like my current avatar and he hunts someplace high to hide!!!
ROFL! It's those little dogs that do command the home! I would love another cat, but our English Bulldog is NOT cat friendly in any way. She just barely tolerates the little rescue dog we have. I'm afraid with the size and weight of the bulldog it would not be a good thing.

I had a Boston Terrier and he loved the cat. He would sit and let the cat groom his face. He liked the cat a lot better than he did most dogs. I've had three of the little bulldogs over the years and one and all they were a pleasure and sweet animals. If my health was better I would get another one but they are high-energy animals and need to be played with. The last one loved to play catch and fetch and was a little clown. If you would throw his ball over his head he would do a flip catching it. I think that I am more at a lap cat speed right now and so I guess he came to me at a good time.